It’s raining again so I’ve been playing with macro. Not very successfully. It is a year or two since I've tried focus stacking and I wasn’t any good at it then. I’m a bit better now but not much. Two sticks a mussel shell and a cockle shell. I am not sure whether the bits on the cloth are dandruff or fag ash. I never noticed when I took the snap.
Baby limpets on the mussel shell. This wouldn’t focus stack. The exposure is apparently out though How it can be I don’t know. The camera was set to manual and the flash was the same for all shots. I’ll look into the matter. This is a single shot.
The cockle shell was an even bigger disaster. So I said ‘I’ll be Blowed!’ And had a go at the sticks.
For some reason these worked better. There is a bit of a halo. There is a tool for getting rid of it but I couldn’t make it work. More to this job that I thought. These little Lichen florets are about a millimetre in diameter. There was a tiny little creature running about but it disappeared. I think this Lichen is Hypogymnia physodes. Knowing my abilities it could well be something else.
These were all shot at twice life size using the Canon MP-E 65mm and stacked in Helicon Focus using fifteen images give or take. I’ll make the effort to try and master this job. I’ll have plenty of rainy days now summer is on it’s way.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
I have had another go…….I hope, well I know, theses are better.