I found a new batch of the fungus from yesterday. I only found one new one not quite a batch but welcome nonetheless.
This is it first thing this morning. I thought it was a Pleated Inkcap but it isn’t as it goes all runny and it is much too dark and heavy looking. It deliquesces in a few hours so if the rain holds off I will try for a time lapse video tomorrow morning, I bet it doesn’t do it tomorrow.
This is lit with the twin ring strobe from the front and a very dirty softbox from behind. Dirty because I’ve been using it for fungi for three years. I’ll try giving it a wash.
It’s quite spectacular if a little slow.
Here it is dripping ink. I think it is Coprinellus angulatus. The stalk should be white, the black bit is where the wind blew some ink.
I think this is a Rove Beetle , It is very attractive and has red eyes. It was also very lively and kept dodging round the wrong side of the grass. I was looking for what I think is a Long Horn Beetle which looks as if it has two tiny ping pong balls on the end of it’s antennae. I couldn’t find it and the grass was a bit damp to sit in for more than a few minutes.
Here is the star of the show.
A female Grass Spider; Tibellus oblongus with her egg sack. I had to lift her out of the grass as she kept trying to hide. I popped her on a stone.
She is a clever girl and eventually posed nicely. She is now back on her web and I’ll keep an eye out for hundreds of little ones.
That’s all for today.