ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Sunday 4 February 2018

SQUIRREL.

I go out at least twice a day and wander along with the dogs and a camera. First thing this morning everything was damp and cold. I believe dreicht is the word for it. I had a couple of campers to say goodbye to so just after eleven out we sallied to look for Jays. I can see them but still haven't got an image. I did get this.
Red Squirrel
There are lots of these but I have an assistant who insists on sending them up into the tree canopy. 
Molly is twelve now and must have spent several hours annoying squirrels but she has never caught one. Whilst cursing her I admire her perseverance as she still pursues them with unabated vigour.
Enjoy your week.

15 comments:

  1. A super Red Squirrel image, Adrian. It just goes to show that not all wildlife needs to be seen in close-up! Molly seems to be really cute, and very active for a twelve-year-old! Have a great week - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, I was lucky it ran in front of the sun. I was fortunate to see the sun. Molly is young at heart.

      Delete
  2. maar Molly heeft wel voor deze foto gezorgd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bas, alleen omdat ik het zag voordat ze het deed.

      Delete
  3. Most of my close-up red squirrel pictures were taken years ago at the Formby/Freshfield Nature Reserve. It was wonderful but they were so tame it was hard not to get pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, these are very wary, more so when the dogs are about. Very wise of them.

      Delete
  4. Your 'spotter' did well to find this for you Adrian! It's always a pleasure to see these beauties, even more so to see a truly wild one...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor, these are wild and nobody feeds them. If I drive through the forest in the Mule or tractor they tend not to take to the trees.

      Delete
  5. Lovely light outlining that squirrel! And good thing dogs can't climb trees... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply Monica. It's good for the squirrel that she can't climb.

      Delete
  6. beautiful morning light ! squirrels are so cute, and your little dog too !
    nice to walk early in the morning with his dog and see how the nature wakes up !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adrian, I don't see the commenct I left here ???
    so again !
    I have entlarged the photo with the squirrel and I must say
    that it is very beautiful, wonderful light !
    And Molly is like a young dog ! I can imagine him trying to catch
    the squirrel !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Marty,not doing much blogging at the moment but I have a few pictures to post so will load them soon. Many thanks for the comments.

      Delete
  8. Both beautiful photos. The light in the first - the emotion in the second. (Re. Marty's comment . . something strange is happening with comments. Two of mine have vanished from WordPress blogs so I thought it was a WP problem - but maybe it affects Blogger too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy, I have been a bit remiss with blogger. I'll try and do better.

      Delete