ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Sunday 5 April 2020

DANCING.

Yesterday was grand, I got out to get animal feed and visited the supermarket. The animal feed place was shut. Sainsbury's was open but I had to queue to get in. As the bloke at the line on the tarmac in front of me said.

"It's a good job it's not pishing snow down, we'd all be dead from hypothermia before we got in."

I thought how astute, he must be an academic until he added.

"Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Have you seen the tits on that?"

He was referring to the lassy supervising the line. Not an academic then but a vicar. I'm not unwilling to admit mistakes.

My first stop was the tobacco counter. Had to wake the chap up as he had nodded off. I know now why he wasn't outside working the barrier. I decided to bulk buy and went for a couple of hundred grams of rolly tobacco. All but one packet had graphic pictures of diseased lungs on....Horrible and traumatic at a time like this. The other packet had a dead baby on with a warning not to smoke when pregnant. I asked him to find three similar. He found two and one with a chap with one leg. I decided I could live or maybe die with this selection.

The rest of the shop went well. I fancied a fish pasta. I usually use a Smokey and prawns with sour cream. No Smokies but they did have smoked haddock and not the vile orange stuff. It's basically the same thing but a bit bland, a Smokey is a Haddock smoked whole and much better tasting than the filleted version. I thought to get a steak for Sunday but they were from Poland. I try not to buy stuff from the EU as they have been both useless, greedy and obstreperous. I'll wait for my beef and get some from the butchers next week.



I have got one birthday video done. Here it is, far from perfect but for a look at on a smart phone it will be fine.



Have a good week and feel free to give a nurse the clap. I find I can limit virtue signalling to thanking folk working in shops but do whatever rocks your boat in these straightened times.

9 comments:

  1. Good for you for not buying the Polish beef- you can't trust the Irishman who arranged the deal, big upset with Irish farmers in whose faces he bas pissed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped buying EU produce intentionally a couple of years ago.

      Delete
  2. hard times ! I stay at home but not everybody here ! it's the third week, weather is beautiful and warm and people need to move !!!
    we have good meat here in France but many farms don't respect the animals ! I eat less meat !
    I have entlarged your video ! well done Adrian, I like the background too
    take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marty the background is a bit close but it takes so long to render that I'm hoping no one will notice.

      Delete
  3. Good to have you back in fine form, haven't enjoyed a shopping trip so much in ages. It's hard to keep up with the Covid rules here re butcher shops but I think the latest is we can order and pay on line and arrange contactless pick up. I've never known a butcher who doesn't enjoy a good bit of banter, the enjoyment will be gone from their daily duties but at least they will be making a buck. Go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, the butcher here lets one person in at a time.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. I notice that it must have been before 10am or there would have been mention of other addictive and harmful substances. I asked a friend to get me a bottle of whisky yesterday. The supermarket had sold out! What! Of course. All the pubs are closed. It took me over 70 years before I would touch whisky. Now that I have the occasional dram I can't buy it. The world is going to the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, don't blame the dogs it's the bats wot done it.
      Here the pavement outside the Co-oP is a mass of quivering drunks at five minutes to ten.

      Delete