ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Saturday 9 January 2010

ALMOST MADE IT (06/01/10)

image

image

Peeped out of the window and was greeted with the sight of snow fluttering down, de-iced the van and set of north. Minor roads in the Lake District are pretty well impassable so decided to call home. After four hours on the road we failed to get home but got within five miles and parked up. No water, no internet, but we have electric.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  Not much moving at the motorway services, excepting the snow.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA                      Sunset from the van, worth moving, a view that beats the service area to a cocked hat.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Molly was delighted to catch up with her brother. Good to see him before he heads back to university and a life dedicated to drinking, sorry study!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA      This Blackbird?? On second thoughts, Thrush, found a patch of leaf litter to root through.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     Shared it with this Chaffinch.

I've run out of meal worms and bird seed so they will have to fend for themselves.

No idea when this will get posted as most of the interesting bits of the country appear shut.

8 comments:

  1. Glad I looked in some real nice photographs well done .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony, thanks am starting to catch up after three or four days without internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, that is the reason not to see you, I thought that you were missing in Tewkesbury. Still, its good to see you, and all your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ta Bob, one night at the motorway services was more than enough. There's a site near Slimbridge but they were closed due to snow and ice. Will call down there in the Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather looks grim up there; nice sunset though.
    Lovely family portrait too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keith thanks, almost didn't get out yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to hear from you, Adrian! I was starting to wonder where you were. ;o)

    We are getting snowed under right now, too. I love it! I have studded tires on my car but still almost couldn't get out of my yard this morning. I would SO love to not be able to get out... alas I was meant to come to the office I suppose.

    Great shots! Of course I am predictable and my fave one is of Molly and her brother. :o)

    Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny, doesn't take much to stop the UK these days. it's that I rely on a mobile internet connection and as with everything else here it's hit and miss. When I was young free and simple, only the latter now applies, I used to fit winter tyres or use the motor bike. Here the Highways authorities now use salt not plough or snow blow so when ice forms at -8C we are really in the sh---hands of god.

    ReplyDelete