ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Wednesday 18 May 2016

BLUE AGAIN. (18/05/16)

I have been out of sorts this last few days. Until yesterday I avoided watching Brexit the Movie as I knew it would anger me, I have been avoiding the news as Dithery is either a loony or so patronising that he needs a good kicking. I heard him on the radio saying that Putin and Isis would like us to leave the EU. I guess the inference I’m supposed to draw is that they are on my side. Nice company he has the temerity to suggest I keep. The queen is little better as I saw her photographed at her party sitting next to king Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa what lovely company she keeps, I also noticed they had sat him with the gurning granddaughters. Serves him right, unless he has a fetish for bug-eyed fat women and requested their company. It did remind me to get the macro gear out, the insects are starting to appear here as well.
DOG VIOLET.
_MG_5410
BLUE BELL.
_MG_5414
FORGET-ME-NOT.
_MG_5417

As you can see it’s a bit damp here but the Barley needs the rain. I just hope it rains at night and is sunny during the day. Is there a European Commissioner in charge of weather? If there is perhaps it could help facilitate night rain and justify the enormous salary and expenses.

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Macro isn't popular or possibly my macro isn't popular. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. You bring the art of the shot to a whole other level, verbally and otherwise. The photos are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, I have endless patience with machinery and animals. The lies and posturing of royalty and politicians has me boiling, raving and ranting in seconds.

      Delete
  3. Adrian, the tripe that's being spouted off by our so called leaders at the moment is enough to put anybody out of sorts...Hope you're back to firing on all eight soon.

    Did I miss it..have those EU buffoons been at it again and passed a new law saying that millimeters 3 & 7 have to be smaller than the others?...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor, I lost all my scales, the folder they were in has vanished itself. I did these a bit quickly and for some reason the line tracks the grid. The grid should be in mm but obviously isn't. It's the sort of mind numbing job that sends me to sleep. I went out halfway through to replace an engine mounting on an excavator so that disrupted the workflow. I think that is enough excuses. I'll redo all the scales before the insects arrive in force.
      They just talk crap and are unfit for anything else with the exception of thieving and fiddling.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful macro flower shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I'm just getting my hand and eye in. I'll try and find a pleasant plastic bag to pop behind them.

      Delete
  5. Now, now--- you'll pop a blood vessel in your brain, and then where would we be! I can say stuff like that cuz I'm older than you are. I enjoyed your macros. Does your area have it's own single-malt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, it's better out than in.
      No I'll show a picture of the old distillery it hasn't malted barley for years. I don't think many farmers are growing malting barley this year as last year the price difference was not enough to pay for the time and trouble drying it.

      Delete
  6. Pretty macro images, Adrian. Love the colour theme you seem to have going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary, the first outing for the MP-E 65mm this year. I only used it at 1:1 so can get much closer once my hands have steadied and I've got my eye in.

      Delete
  7. So glad someone else noticed the 'oversized' and slightly weird and freaky looking smile of Prince Andrews daughters :-) hope you feeling better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, aye they are a bit strange. I am fine ta.

      Delete
  8. You might be out of sorts but your macros are as lovely as ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, thank you. I'm thinking of getting rid of black backgrounds. I'll see how I get on.

      Delete
  9. Delightful images, Adrian. Not sure that the superimposition of the scale does them any favours, but it probably works better than a copyright overprint!

    I had a macro day on Tuesday and, guess what, I found a lizard for the first time in years! I shall remember, from now on, that anytime I feel I'm missing something I just have to tell my pal Adrian about it and it'll appear!

    Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, I saw lizards last year but haven't found any so far. They are beautiful little creatures.

      Delete
  10. Nice to see some macro Adrian. The middle one came out especially well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I only went out to make sure the strobes were firing. I how have a ring strobe for the subject and a speedlite for the background as you can see it didn't fire. Not when i had stuff in focus. It's also too heavy a set up. I think it would be easier to just pop a nicer background in.

      Delete