It has been a good day with just one heavy shower. I mended the Canon 1Ds III, the shutter wouldn’t fire so I shorted the contacts on the side and it is now as good as new…..So Far.
I took it for a wander looking for insects but couldn’t capture anything out of the ordinary. I decided to investigate Froghopper nymphs, they were the normal green ones but then I found this but can’t find any photographs to identify it.
These are what they usually look like. This is Philaenus spumarius.
These will all enlarge with a click and Ctrl+ will enlarge them even further. Ctrl 0 will get them back to normal as will Home. Whilst trying to identify the first one I read that the eyes aren’t eyes but the undeveloped wing. Rubbish, I can clearly see it is a compound eye.
This afternoon I had a few hours fun rebuilding a Mule, they are like a big Quad bike or a small pickup. Unfortunately it has been used for spreading salt and hasn't been washed off so is quite badly corroded. There is still a fair bit of work to do so plenty more opportunity for me to hone the special words used whilst repairing such machines.