ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Friday 25 May 2018

FREECAD-SIDETRACKED AGAIN.

It's been a busy few days, I've done a bit of FreeCAD, a little horseing and got the car tested.
Below is a schematic GIF file showing a uniflow steam engine. I pinched this from a chap called DAN GELBART. As you can see he uses a solenoid to hold open the inlet valve. It's worth investigating but I fancy a double acting engine so this little picture is here just because it's pretty.


I have created a top fork yoke mainly for practise.


I can also create working drawings and dimension them.....It's a smart bit of software. I am still struggling to get the clicks and drags in the correct order but I feel sure that one day I'll master the job. There are lots of YouTube tutorials some are fine others awful. The best I've found are here at CHRISTIAN The only slight problem is that they are all in Spanish, he's a clever chap and speaks it like a native. I can just about understand him as he clicks, types and drags whilst creating his projects.
I have done another video, here it is.

It's scorchio here. Have a great weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Adrian, it looks like you've got the hang of this new fangled technology?

    You've got me thinking to back in those distant days when I was a wet behind the ears apprentice and going into the 'drawing office' where there were rows of large drawing boards each with a drafstman standing at them with pencil, setsquare and sliderule in hand...how things have changed?...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor, it is impressive and interesting to play with. Another month and I hope to be able to play the sharps and flats. I'm just at the four bar blues stage.
      It is a bit backwards I still start off with a rough sketch on paper then start with 3D. The last job is to create a drawing. All the green dots are targets to dimension it. When I click any two it pulls the dimensions up for me. If one was so inclined you could generate G-Code for CNC machines but for a few off it is hardly worth bothering with the exception of plasma cutters.

      Delete
  2. Whaaaaaat? Adrian, you inhabit a parallel universe....you make me feel extremely stupid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Frances, I recognise I'm a little strange or a big strange at six foot three and fifteen stone. I like to have something new to learn, keeps me out of mischief.
      I'm aware that normal folk don't share my interest in strange pastimes.Look after yourself and give the publishers a kick and I'll read your new book.

      Delete
    3. Adrian, the new book has had some alterations, but should be available later this year. I love the idea of your being 6'3". That explains everything...I think.

      Delete
    4. Aye.........Head in the clouds.

      Delete
  3. Right. I have now caught up with all that you are telling us about. On the less esoteric side of your posts you mentioned that you now have a car. Do you still have the Hymer and the pooches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, yes only the car is new. The dogs are fine, they are looking very smart as they have just had a haircut. The van is okay and passes on it's regards.
      I am content here, still taking snaps but not finding any new insects so have discovered something new to bore folk with.

      Delete