ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 9 July 2018

THE FORTH.

Today there is not much to report from sunny Scotland, The weather is cooler this morning so I'm hoping for a pleasant day. I'm still playing in both FreeCAD and Blender. I am making a title sequence in Blender and it is coming on a treat. I am trying to use a font called Ravi but it is difficult to get the mesh clean enough. I will sort it and soon I hope.
Politicians are still acting like five year olds both here and abroad. Their saving grace being that without them there would be little to laugh at. President Trump is popping over from the old colony this week so that should shake them up a bit. The queer folk had a march but I've only heard reports, no pictures this year as I suspect public decency laws made them impossible to publish. I did read that there was a bit of a spat about who should lead the show. There must be a hierarchy developing, we will no doubt have to get a funny buggers arbitrator in before they start eating each other.
 It was reasonably clear yesterday morning so I went up to the masts on East Lomond, here is the panorama.
You can see for miles. The little pimple on the horizon just left of centre is Bass Rock at the entrance to the Firth of Forth.
Have a great week.

12 comments:

  1. One day I'll get to Bass Rock, Adrian. Tried once but the trip was cancelled due to rough seas.

    Looks like the weather is going to turn cooler - at last!! Just hoping we get some rain too! Not often do I say that!

    Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, I've passed Bass rock a few times. Lots of Gannets but I seem to remember the islands off Milford Haven were much busier. Greenholm is one of them. Whiteholm would be more accurate.

      Delete
  2. Full screen that's a cracking panorama. I've never really had a desire to go to Bass Rock - too many opportunities to return covered in guano for one thing. Having said that I have been in a gannet colony in New Zealand and it really is an awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, I often call on my way back from Glenrothes. Usually I can't see much, One day I'll catch it just before a big storm when the air should be crystal clear. It's a grand view from Edinburgh to the edge of the Tay and no walking required.

      Delete
  3. Marvelous panorama! Just as with oaks and acorns, big rocks from little pimples grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, I suspect it used to be much bigger. It looks like a volcanic core, there are one or two scattered around.

      Delete
  4. Between your politics, the tennis and your football you guys have been hogging the limelight a bit lately. I hope the politics is sorted as quickly as the football will be. So good to see one of your landscapes again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, I don't bother with wendyball or tennis unless the tennis features Joanna Konta.
      Politics is fun. I just enjoy listening to total incompetents without an iota of self awareness.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It will get better Monica, You can see Edinburgh Castle from here but it needs the calm before a storm to catch it on the sensor. I have a beautiful wideish lens for my medium format camera. I'll try and get some posh film in and give it a snap with that.

      Delete
  6. Do politicians ever act like anything else? Pretty much the same here in NZ. We're in for a fine cold day here, sun is out but it's a nippy winter's day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggle to think of a good politician, most lack even the saving grace of being entertaining. We have thousands of them. Councillors, police commissioners, MPs, Lords, MEPs, Welsh Assembly, Scottish parliament, then all the NGOs and quangos all with their thousands of consultants and advisers to consultants. Precious few indians left.

      Delete