ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Thursday 20 September 2018

HAIRCUTS AND SEASIDE.

Yesterday the dogs had one of their tri-annual haircuts and tomorrow I will have mine trimmed. I go to see Bev and the dogs go to Kirsten just in case anyone was under the impression that we go to the same salon. What happened to proper barbers shops? I used to get my beard trimmed without some young lady moaning non-stop about bristles flying down the front of her shirt. I could also get my ear and nose hairs trimmed. These days I'm not allowed to hunt for the irritating bristles but I also have to do my own nose hairs. The country has gone to the dogs. 
Today I had a run into Cupar for the monthly shop and as the weather is clement after yesterdays wind and rain I decided to pop along to St Andrews. The dogs love the seaside and I enjoy seeing the posh totty from the university jogging on the beach. I ought to join the Liberal Democrats or the Perverts and Paedophile Party as they are colloquially known. I was going to wander up to the mouth of the river Eden to have a look at the seals but had forgotten the dogs leads so decided that what with the cost of their haircuts and Alf's recent vets bills they were too valuable for seal food.
Here are a few snaps for your edification. No posh young ladies I'm afraid as it was only about ten thirty which is a little early for students.

ST ANDREWS

LOOKING TOWARDS THE SEALS.


WELL GROOMED DOGS...For a few days.

I am working on a new video title. I played about with flags flapping in a virtual breeze a few years ago and thought if I can do that I could make virtual pages turn with stuff written on. With an Alpha channel it could make for a nice title and it is an interesting project.
Have fun.

10 comments:

  1. Very smart and clean they look too.
    I gave up going to a barber a few years ago. Bought a decent rechargeable hair trimmer, fitted a 3mm comb and trim myself about once a month. Can get a bit chilly this weather just after a trim but it now feels uncomfortable if I let it grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I used to clip mine short when I was working but then let it grow shoulder length which became a real pain. Now I go and get Beved every couple of months.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely beach. Is that REAL SAND I see? Gasp. And on a BRITSH BEACH?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate we have lots of real sand. The problem is it's freezing cold real sand.

      Delete
  3. Plenty of deckchair space on the beach Adrian...I hope you dipped your toes in the sea?...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor, it is prudent to wear thermals here at any time of the year. I did have a padle but kept my boots on.

      Delete
  4. Prompted by your blog post, Adrian, I've booked Mrs P. to cut my hair this afternoon. It's years since I've been to a barber - I always feel extremely uncomfortable around the neck afterwards after a barber cuts my hair, but don't have that problem when my wife does it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, in the days when I had a wife I wouldn't have let her near my neck with anything sharp.

      Delete
  5. Hope you end up looking as smart as the pooches do. Mind you, they would be pretty stiff competition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline Bev needs a good slap. I look like a bouncer at the Derby and Joan club. Still only a fortnight between a good haircut and a bad one.

      Delete