ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Saturday 8 December 2018

CONTRE JOUR.

After a couple of damp foggy days the sun came out to play so after breakfast I buried a dead hen and off we went for a wander. Burying the hen is a waste of time as a fox will dig it up as soon as it smells it but it warmed me up and will make the fox work for it's dinner.

Loch Leven. 

Contre Jour.

This is French for against the day but means in English to shoot into the sun or light. I have seen a little of the revolting French on RT and I wonder is this the start of something more positive. The Belgians failed to storm the European Parliament which is a set back but not to worry. At least they had a go.

10 comments:

  1. Vintage Adrian. Love it. Perfect for a Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, less of the vintage if you don't mind. I'm in the last flush of middle age.

      Delete
  2. Great composition on the final photo. Tree with character + human interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, it could have been better as always is the case. This is the TS-E24mm and really needs filters on it. I haven't used this lens for ages so will have to find the big filter set and all the mounting gubbins.

      Delete
  3. That last image is masterfully executed, Adrian. Not sure what's going on to the left of the fella, however - looks like it might be a huge dog taking a dump!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, it's a pram. I did ask if they could move it but they went all shy. I said they would be unrecognisable with a wide angle lens but they were still reluctant so I thought sod it.

      Delete
  4. Lovely sunny shots Adrian...It'll soon be time for the snowy ones!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor, the sun barely rises at this time of year but it's welcome.

      Delete
  5. I like the contre jour image (and learned a new photography term)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monica. It can be fun shooting into the light.

      Delete