ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Sunday 13 January 2019

CONTROL PLUS (S).

I have been having an interesting time using the Alpha version of Blender 2.8. I love the new interface, I can't praise it enough, suits me a treat. The downside is this development version doesn't seem to like me using posh materials. It crashes with monotonous regularity. I can barely read the Ctrl and S keys so often have I had to save. Good job I know where they are. The new EEVEE render engine is very fast and I can live with the somewhat cartoony effect. I found a box to check which does soften shadows. There is so much good that is new that I can't believe how clunky it makes previous versions seem. The Cycles render engine is still there for high days, holidays and posh stuff.
The following short video is me having a bit of a play with the Boolean modifier. At the beginning there are a couple of stills to illustrate how this animation is created. I'll pop them in here as well to save you pausing the video. The viewport can get a little cluttered with the transform overlay and everything else.
I have highlighted the bit you click if you want to switch overlays on and off. The video shows the cut left by this cone which I scaled and tilted whilst moving it about.
These are the bits one switches off to stop the cone being visible in the final render.
I have kept this short but should anyone be interested in how it's done then let me know.
Enjoy your week.

4 comments:

  1. Very relieved to see you posting here Adrian as, for a while, my blog list was showing you had a post entitled "This may be the last time" - and there was no post there! I guess you managed to do something similar to what I did recently by accidentally hitting the 'publish' button, but I was concerned there might have been a cryptic message in there!

    Impressive bit of video, but I refuse to get drawn in!

    Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, I was going to stop blogging but doing these posts helps get things straight in my mind.
      The new interface is such a vast improvement and does speed the job up.

      Delete
  2. Blender, and the operator, are coming on in leaps and bounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, the operator needs a poke with a sharp stick but Blender is great. There are lots of tiny graphics improvements which make selecting and positioning stuff much easier.

      Delete