ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Sunday 31 October 2021

WHAT A CON.

 It is still very damp here so I've had some time at the computer. I decided to spend a couple of hours remodelling the connecting rod that went a little awry last week. A couple of hours turned into five. I'm happy with the end result, just as well.

It all starts in FreeCAD.


I draw a Sketch which once it's fully constrained it turns a lovely shade of green.

To achieve the end result I revolve the sketch creating a cylinder of various sections. It's then just a matter of creating another half dozen Sketches on Datum Planes and from them creating Pockets to chop away the bits I don't want. I suspect the next one could be done in half an hour assuming a following wind.

I then popped it into Blender so it looks it's best.

I like how these have turned out, now to re-model all the other bits to a similar standard, assemble them and see if I can get the thing to animate. If I don't weaken then that's this winter sorted.
My primary reason for posting this stuff is to give me motivation to carry on with it. I find it all too easy to say sod it and find something else to do.



2 comments:

  1. It seems to me you are making progress but that is a totally useless observation as I have no clue what you are up to. But I'm sure whatever it is, it's good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeps me entertained and it's much cheaper than the crossword.

      Delete