The title is a Malapropism and was inspired by reading this from SCRIPTOR SENNEX.
I started this post yesterday but what with one thing and another, idleness, sunshine and rounding up horse escapees, then preventing them going AWOL every time the children collected a pony or returned one I didn’t get very far, it’s been the story of my week. Busy with precious little to show for it.
I did finish the crossword yesterday. I then threw the paper away. The Duchess of Cambridge is starting to get on my tits. Flashing her boobs one day and her knees in a Mosque the next, she didn’t object to the later photograph. Little hussy! There have got to be more important things to report than the doings of arrogant hoorays.
Our parliament has got to vacate the Palace of Westminster for a couple of years. It needs rebuilding. That should provide a job or two……twice as many if they employ cowboy builders for phase one. Polite suggestions as to where they can go would be appreciated. I was thinking of Kabul but the Afghanis have enough troubles of their own without inflicting that shower on them.
I have been pondering the automatic camera trigger and have found all I need from intelligent and generous open source sauces, I mean sources. Thank you one and all. Some of my musings have been productive others less so. I started to worry about connecting, anything I’ve wired up, to a camera with a physical link. I spent ages devising the following……I had a toilet roll an LED and a photo resistor. Actually rigged it all up and yes it works. It would have to be a hundredth of the size but it worked. I then found one. They look like this……………..
Four or five hours of messing over four days and they are easily available……the price £0.26p each. That sort of money I could buy two in case one was faulty. You could get at least a couple of hundred in a toilet roll.
My Fritzing is coming on…..I can now make the wires bendy I should have bent the left hand earth wire a bit more though. This is the lightning sensor bit. I intend to build a lightning trigger, intervaltrigger and a sound trigger all into one wee box. A chap called MAURICE RIBBLE has done all the hard work. No more reinventing the toilet roll for me! Thank you Mr Ribble.
The mechanical side I have half sorted. The light sensor can be mounted on a spare camera eyepiece so it looks through the lens. The sound trigger…..I’m thinking of a mobile phone mic. could be popped alongside it. Then with camera set to manual all I have to do is get the Arduino to short out the positive remote input to ground and the shutter will fire. A switch on the box to select the required function and Bobs your uncle.
The electronics will all go in a waterproof box and clip to a tripod leg. It would be good to get rid of the potentiometer….waterproof rotary switches are or used to be a Princess’s ransom. There will be three circuits in this box plus a battery and the Arduino. I’m thinking fag packet not shoe box so PCBs are something to be investigated this next week. I’ll have to be very circumspect here as I like big buttons so that leaves very little room for the works.
I’m also starting to understand this code malarkey….I write it out longhand and it seems to be sinking in. I’m still pinching it from all over. This is Mr Ribble’s.
Don’t copy this go to glacialwanderer.com I know this won’t work as I snapped the scribble with at least a couple of mistakes in it. This is very simple as it is only looking for sudden changes in light value. Being a bit simple myself, I like very simple.
Have a good week.