ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Friday 10 November 2017

ALPACAS AT DAWN.

Not just Alpacas and not at dawn. I decided to have a play with NIK filters. These used to be expensive but are now free from Google. I quite like this old camera effect and the pre-set results can be stacked but it is as well to duplicate the original first as most filters don't seem to be reversible or adjustable once you confirm the setting. I had comments a few years ago from people having trouble loading these filters. It isn't straightforward but if you have loaded stuff in pre-App days then it is relatively easy. If the demand is there I can do a tutorial with screen grabs.
Alpacas and Sheep.
I'll pop up soon and get some close ups, the large ones are a bit flighty and the small brown one though sociable does try and box with it's front feet, naughty Alpaca. I'll have to tie the dogs up as otherwise things get chaotic. I'll have to find a dog lead first.
Pigs.
There are about thirty and all are friendly. The young ones do chase the dogs occasionally but the dogs can dodge.
Highland Ponies.
These keep their own council and are friendly if one can get close enough, I'll have to take an apple or two.

That's all for today, have fun.

9 comments:

  1. I keep forgetting I have those installed in Affinity Photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I never realised that these were included. Looking at them I wish I had remained in ignorance. I understand that Dxo have taken over the software so it may not be free for long.

      Delete
  2. Great to see your livestock neighbours, Adrian, but I'm not sure I like that filter effect applied to pastoral scenes. Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard I'll get some nice pictures. I am just in from six hours of fence strainer driving, gate hanging and am still standing. Well sitting and relatively pain free. Been bloody rough for ten days or so.

      Delete
  3. maar je hebt in ieder geval een mooie dag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Het weer is op het moment niet slecht, Bas.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Frances, yes I have been for three years. It is idyllic, situated in a one road in and one road out, the French call it a cul de sac, glen in north Fife. I love animals but sometimes struggle with humans.

      Delete
  5. Lovely ponies, Adrian, you are not travelling nowadays?

    ReplyDelete