ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Friday 31 August 2018

BLOW ME DOWN.

 I have been using Blender for video editing for several years but always have trouble synchronising audio to the video strip. It all looks fine in pre- render then after the job is rendered the sound drifts off. I have tried everything or almost everything. This morning I have the solution.

There's a little box circled in red that among other things has an option for Av sync. Change it from non and the job seems to be perfect. I am a dumb cluck at times. I had an extra bowl of muesli to celebrate.
That's all back to filming the new combine. It should be starting work soon.

8 comments:

  1. The more versatile and useful the software the more complex the choices that have to be made. Finding them all is often the problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, that's true Adobe stuff is far from instinctive and it costs a fortune. Fusion is now free but I haven't bothered to learn it. The compositor looks better than Blender. The real problem will occur when version 2.9 is released. Many features are only available through shortcut keys and from what I have seen of the alpha version many have changed.

      Delete
  2. It'a easy when you know how!....does this mean that from now on you'll be in perfect syncronisation with the rest of us?...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor I doubt it. I'm rarely on the same planet. Now all I have to do is get the sound from the Zoom recorder in sync and it should stay that way. Amazing what one finds, I should read the instructions but I don't understand half the words.

      Delete
  3. Talk about synchronicity Adrian: I celebrate with muesli too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, the long awaited version of Blender will render in real time. This will but you have to create low resolution proxy strips and it hardly seems worth the time.

      Delete
  4. I reckon I probably only use well under half the facilities of most of the software I use, Adrian. Can't be bothered to dig deeper for most of the time if I'm getting the results that I wanted anyway! Not surprised, therefore, that you missed that 'AV sync' button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, I suspect it is the same for all of us. I do tend to click things to see what happens. The click usually instigates a chain of events that I'd rather hadn't happened but it's all just fun.

      Delete