ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Saturday 11 August 2018

SHOW TIME.

Today we went to Kinross show but before I get into that I'll post a couple of images from the Fife Heritage Railway in Leven.
 This is an old Barley Wagon.
They have several locomotives but as I called whilst passing they were all parked and jammed up together. This is a Ruston Hornsby shunter and is chain driven. It has air start and a donkey engine to raise air pressure. They have a proper open day on the last Sunday of every month so I'll try and pop down in a week or so.

Back to Kinross Show. I enjoy this event, no market stalls selling tat and plenty of room to wander about. 
 Bryony did well at whatever it was she was doing.
 This is Talisker and he did well as well but he didn't get a rosette, I don't know why.
This is Toby and I haven't a clue what he was there for, it can't have been to eat hay.
Plenty of machinery. This was the star of the show as far as I am concerned.
 One of about a dozen different sheep breeds being shown. These are Ryedales and are mainly bred for meat.
 Mother and foal.
These are all Clydesdale heavy horses, I like most animals but these are one of my favourites, such gentle, good natured beasts.

To finish here are two old fashioned photographs of a wonderfully old fashioned show.


10 comments:

  1. I do really love country shows! So much history and tradition but unfortunately they have become less popular in rural Australia and many shows have stopped. BTW you have a magnificent view from that showground!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda, most here have become big open air markets. This one and another at Cupar being the local exceptions. There is so much of interest and I missed so much of it with the camera..I've been here too long as I spent more time gossiping than snapping.

      Delete
  2. I'm guessing you were at an agricultural show? Always a good day when they have those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, yes all agricultural. A grand day out, plenty of beer to sample but we can't drink and drive in our namby pamby country.

      Delete
  3. Looks like an interesting day out Adrian, plenty to point the camera at!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor, a grand day out. Sheep and their suicidal habits usually leave me less than enthusiastic but the shepherdess could change all that.

      Delete
  4. It looks as if you had a wonderful day, Adrian. Your treatment of the first two images is excellent, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with if you get to the Fife Heritage Railway open day. Have a great week - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, I used to use Photomatix for such things. Now I tend to rely on NIK Efex for HDR. It used to cost a fortune but is now free as are all NIK filter algorythms. I do recall having to use a variety of old Anglo Saxon words to persuade it into the Photoshop filter bit. It does halo if one is forced to shoot into the light but if you duplicate the middle image and mask a bit the problem is solved....Usually. Grey backgrounds like clouds are best ditched.

      Delete
  5. There's still a few shows in the Western Isles that are largely 'agricultural' allowing for the relatively small scale that things are here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my second visit here. I had company both times so it's difficult to do the job justice.

      Delete