ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Friday 13 November 2020

A BIT OF THIS AND A BIT OF THAT.

 The weather is slowly improving, the fog has gone and the rain comes less frequently.

I called at the war memorial on Wednesday but it was bucketing down, it didn't look very good at all. Yesterday I got a snap in the sunshine.

It looks good and hasn't been desecrated by the twats from the religion of Greta.

Wednesday was also fish van day.
I got a couple of dead fish, I do enjoy these. It's an Arbroath Smokie, hot smoked Haddock and they can be eaten hot or cold. I had one warm with bread and butter, the other I will flake into rice and peas. Like a Kedgeree without the curry bit.

I have been playing with the Geometry Nodes in Blender 2.92a. I have got it to do something but it is very unstable. I'll have another look in a couple of weeks.

Not much on today, I have to shift the van to a bit of slightly drier ground. It looks like the Somme here, the Somme as it was not as it is today. I'll need a tractor to extricate it, I'd better get my skates on before they all disappear.

Have a great weekend.


6 comments:

  1. Cupar's got a grand war memorial with an angel on top. I just looked it up. I don't know where this one is. I prefer a bloater or a kipper, never been very keen on haddock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed some smoked haddock today though not the Arbroath variety.
    I do like the geometry node effect you produced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I have seen this clam shell effect done in Houdini but I just can't get my head round the Houdini interface. It's a pity as it is much more powerful than Blender. Blender are working hard on something they call 'Everything Nodes'; in one way it is a pain but I tend to use nodes for most stuff anyway as it's non destructive. This is three versions away from release so I expect it to do silly things.

      Delete
  3. It's a long time since I had an Arbroath Smokie. Stornoway used to be the centre of the West Coast Herring fleet and I can recall the barrels of salt herring being piled on the piers. Then the herring all but disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, the herring are still about but thanks to foreign purse seiners, pair trawlers and factory ships they have lost the critical numbers to shoal. Drift netting was far more sustainable.They'll come back if the bloody EU give them a chance.

      Delete