ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Saturday 16 July 2011

ELF (16/07/11)

This is ‘Elf’ as in ‘Elfy Living’.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  A Banana full of orange for breakfast…………………this is Photoshoped and not too well. My orange fell down a bit too far. Nothing wrong with PS…..just me displaying my customary Muppetry. Click for the large version, as always.

Now all the images I post are processed, not as much as the one above………..sometimes more! This morning I posted this………………………..

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     And this was what I took…………………………….

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     Not too much difference but I prefer the first. I should also wait before banging stuff out. I see the tree on the right has grass growing out of it…..that’s because I was lying down and also because I didn’t notice it first time.

Then I posted this………………………………..

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA….This was what the camera saw…………………………………………….

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA       It was pouring with rain……………worse than that but as the synonym also begins with ‘P’ and ends ‘ING’ pouring will do. This was shot at 1/125th, f8, ISO400. Now I could have stopped down a couple of stops and got the foreground in focus but I would have had to bump ISO two stops and with a grey sky That would be asking for noise. I could also have gone back for a tripod and shot twice………..I would have had the corn been ripe. It was raining……………I was lazy………….I know I won’t dissolve so no excuse.

Whilst in the supermarket on Friday I picked up a copy of Digital Photo………….the photograph below is mine the textures are theirs……..I quite like this effect……..look good built into a Christmas card. Better than a duck with ‘Nav Lights’, which, if I remember, is what I offered last year. They did twinkle, even though I did get port and starboard transposed. Had a very red face over that. So did the duck but the wrong side of it’s face! I could work a twinkling light into this.

folded-paper     Just like Tommy Cooper……………..”Hurrumph and ere is one I found in mi pocket! HA! HA! HA!

On my way back north last week I called to see a gay mate of mine in Sheffield. That’s gay as in ‘Queer as a two speed walking stick’. Not as in ‘Happy’ though he is. Glad I did, he was in his studio shooting ladies bums………that’s fannies to you lot west of me. You folk in the same time zone stick with bums………this was an ART SHOOT! Very interesting, (when I'd recovered my composure), the lighting set up was pretty good. Snoots, Soft boxes, Studio flash all went off at once. His camera is coupled to a lap top……..waste of time the image was blown to hell…………..Supposed to be you PORK! I think that’s what he said…….I definitely heard the ‘P’.

Have a good Sunday.

16 comments:

  1. Well, you made me laugh, which I do sometimes. Good and the one next to it, brilliant photos, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob, I'm glad.....you are always laughing on your avatar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like your sense of humour! So good for a rainy week-end! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Adrian, having fun as usual, I see. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dee Bee, I enjoyed a sunny evening but have got a good soaking this morning. Not to worry.

    Horst, yes play time again. You enjoy what is left of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you Adrian. The first tree shot is far superior. I would have liked to have joined you on the photo shoot and boasted about seeing the rear end of a native bird. Watching birds does have its moments....well for you at least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your forays into photoshop are always fun, even for a purist like me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trevor, It's amazing how much proper snappers do in camera.... unbelievable the time it takes them. Though no one believes me, I tend to shoot from a tripod and really don't get on with auto camera modes. I love Photoshop Elements and Photomatix and Helicon. I have tried your route with shooting swallows on the wing. I can do it but not well. Good to see you back and post us some more gloomy images.
    She did have a wee pimple on her bottom........Nothing that Photoshop clone couldn't cope with! Nothing I would have noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. JoLynne, I only do it for fun. What digital produces is mostly mediocre just like Kodachrome Fuji Velva was superb film and had to be treated as such by the processors. Way beyond me as I admit but I still do my best to reflect even bad days in a positive way..............I mostly fail to do so and am thinking of switching from a journalistic approach to an artistic one......Impossible....maybe! I'll keep being trying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great read Adrian... very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sitting in the (seemingly very appropriately named) Queens Hotel in Ambleside having driven up from Exeter today. I needed a laugh after the main course at dinner. I think people wondered about me. Not for the first time. But sitting here with my Apple and cognac at least I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andrew, good to be appreciated. Blame the weather. I have to occupies myself somehow.

    Graham, now you will be in trouble. I'll put it down to fatigue and not a politically incorrect attitude, like what I have. I could have given you a couple of pubs within half an hour of the M6 with B&B and superb food. The Lakes are a real rip off in summer. It makes me ashamed to be a northerner. Not very, I have to admit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I may have been emotional but I wasn't tired. Or was it the other way round? Next time I will seek your advice. So far as Lewis is concerned there are several good sites. If you decide to come over I'll suss them out seriously - certainly Reef/Valtos is excellent. Most people I know who come over just park on my drive and plug in. Only two minutes from the sea and beach with all facilities!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Graham, I'm seriously thinking the second week in September. Any help is always received gratefully. i want to be in the Lakes for the autumn colour. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks.
    I was amazed how reasonable CalMac had got......perhaps we could have our own parliament a posh one for folk north of Derby.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Folded digital images... I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jay, as always blame the rain. It could do with a drop shadow round the picture.....no problem.

    ReplyDelete