ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Thursday 26 June 2014

TODAY. (26/06/WHATEVER)

I couldn’t care less today. The black dog has been lurking for a while and I woke this morning at just the back of three and could barely move. I took a couple of Ibroprufen with an espresso. An hour later I was good enough to take the dogs out.

I really ought to go to the Quacks but I have no confidence in them. Vets are getting the same. At one time a vet could sort me and the dog I’d taken and all for a tenner . All I ask is that they prescribe a bottle of 50mg Hydrocodine tablets which I can mix with alcohol when I get too frightened to move. If I want them now I’d have to renew my Ships Captains Medical Certificate. Bastard GPs.

I am not a one for prolonging my life. If it gets too nasty here for my vitals then I’ll be goner. I have had a good life. I have always been a loner. I got in the van with one dog and inherited Alf. I hope thy don’t outlive me.

Hey Ho. There is life in the old dog yet. I’m waiting for some very posh mirrors. They come from London so are about a week late. I rattled the company’s cage today. Despatched by Royal Mail on Monday, I paid for them last Firsday; devils. Doesn’t Air Miles Andy deliver Royal Mail? It is F…ing Thursday.  Fursday is how they say it.

Not to worry. I can’t leave a post without a picture._MG_2542 This is silly. I meant to load this one.

Untitled-1 There we are sensible again.

Perhaps not, have fun.

24 comments:

  1. Oh Adrian, I do feel for you. My black dog has haunted me for years, even sending me to hospital when I was much younger. So few people understand. But please stay with us. I for one would miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances, I gave myself a strict talking to. I've been out for two hours taking macro flowers in a gale. It's a joke.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, don't off yourself yet, you've got way to many photos to take before you go, another 20 to 30 years worth. You haven't gone through the bother that I have yet. Two hip surgeries. You have a long ways to go yet. Your still in great shape. Drink more Tea and less Whisky you'll feel better..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horst. I'll try tea. I enjoy green tea. I'm back snapping today.

      Delete
  3. Adrian, you are not alone with your dark days. They get us all ~ it just feels like we are alone on those days ~ or like you say we want to be alone. We are our worst enemy sometimes ~ well I know I am. Tomorrow is a new day, but you don't need me telling you that. Maybe the long daylight hours are affecting your mood ~ sleep is important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, you mean S.A.D. in reverse. I have just spent two hours out with the dogs and the wind has cheered me up.

      Delete
  4. Stay strong. Things always get better again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary, I woke this morning and am hoping they have.

      Delete
  5. Adrian as people have pointed out there is plenty of life in you. You're more active then most people have your age! I hope tomorrow is a better day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, thanks today already seems better. I managed a whole heap of macro flowers this morning. I'll bore you with them later.

      Delete
  6. C'mon Adrian, stay positive and keep on going, there's lots more rants to get off you're chest yet and loads of photography techniques for you to explore and then baffle us with all the technicalities that they involve, and to truly entertain us in you're own unique way!
    I hope you'll be feeling much better and back to firing on all cylinders very soon....[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor, I've got a slight misfire on #s 2 and 5. I'll try giving myself a squirt of WD40. I'll be fine.

      Delete
  7. White Dogs are the best medicine ever. I bet you will feel "sunny"" again after a long walk with your two treasures. If not just hang on in there. Please keep blogging- I love your naughty but nice mutterings. What would we all do without your entertaining rants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, thank you. I don't know what started it this time. The wind I think. I could always move down to Altnaharra but it's freezing there.

      Delete
  8. You sound like you're on a bit of a downer. I hope that the blues go away and joy in life returns. There are many more photographic of your photographic journeys that I want to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, I'll be okay...in fact i'm much better today than I have been for a few days.

      Delete
  9. Couple of bright pictures to colour the blues.

    Look online for your favourite medication. No certificate needed, available for the queens shilling.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith, I've stopped buying Campanology....... I am on Grouse it's on offer in the Spar shop. I'll be fine.

      Delete
  10. The moment we do that one something in the dumb department.. we regret it. (Been there.) Life is a roller coaster, I'm happy to still be on it. We are just a week apart in age.. and we both are still young!
    I need my daily dose of Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Laura. I just had a bad couple of days. I'm fine today.

      Delete
  11. Thanks for putting things into perspective for me. I "couldn't be bothered" with anything yesterday and thought it was a big deal. Just because I was a bit tired. Perked up when it was time to go out though. I should stop and think of others and what they have to endure a bit more often. Didn't know you were so important, did ya?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, I'm glad you chirped up. I was just being mardy.

      Delete