ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 28 July 2014

GETTING THERE. (28/07/14)

Yesterday I shot four hours of time lapse of the tide flooding. I think I’m slowly getting the hang of the job. Hopefully in about ninety minutes I’ll set up and shoot the same of it ebbing. It’s a bit misty as I write this but the barometer is rising so hopefully all will be well. I was editing until one o’clock this morning and it looks okay. There are Plug-Ins for After Effects but I can’t find any for CS6 or Lightworks. I want the one that equalises exposure as the light changes. I have sorted the flickering or I have till Youtube get hold of it. I could do with having the camera tethered locking aperture and shutter and adjusting for changing light by fiddling with ISO. I’ll work on this little conundrum. The BBC and every news programme uses time lapse and they don’t get flicker. I know they use posh Sony and Red Cameras but I think it is just me. Me being a bit silly.

Here are Few Birds from Saturday.

_MG_3257     Greater Blackbacked Gull.

_MG_3258   Juvenile Blackheaded Gull with Groundsel up it’s bum.

_MG_3262   Herring Gull.

And a couple from this morning.

_MG_3277    Eider Duck and duckling.

_MG_3283    A montage of the Dipper.

Have a good week.

22 comments:

  1. To think a few weeks ago the Dippers were so evasive, now you are getting regular shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, this one is very obliging. They are usually away at the first sign of a camera.

      Delete
    2. PS. It's always like this with birds. I was looking for a Common Gull for this post.Could I find one? No I bloody couldn't.

      Delete
  2. If I forgot to thank you for the free music link, I am doing it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AC, no bother. It used to be called something else, there are some grand tunes on there. Just remember to credit them, it's only fair and you are in breech of copy write if you don't. I don't bother with creative commons or that nonsense but I do respect folk that do. Have fun.

      Delete
    2. PS. I just remembered your post on Celtic music. Hope it was your post.
      Slainte are very American but accomplished for all that. They are free for non commercial. Only a credit required and it isn't a long word.

      Delete
  3. And I really like your dipper montage. I look forward to seeing your time lapse of the tides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, thanks, I'm on with the time lapse now but I need a new external hard drive.

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos,Adrian, but are you sure the plant up the bum of whatever it was isn't ragwort? (Sadly I can't make intelligent comments about photographic techniques.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frances, yes it is Ragwort. I never can remember what it's called.

      Delete
  5. Always the way with birds and when you don't want a Common Gull hundreds will turn up. Still a GBB Gull is fair compensation. I like the Dipper montage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, it would be nice to have got the set.

      Delete
  6. Hi Adrian great shots of the gulls and I also like the montage of the Dipper

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to the running of the tides. I really like Saturday's Herring Gull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, I am just reducing 64GB of data to something a bit more manageable.

      Delete
  8. The dipper montage is impressive. You are a great champion for this little bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YP, this particular one is very obliging. I have spent hours on other occasions and never got a picture. This one I see most mornings.

      Delete
  9. We have a lot of Bonxies (Great Skuas) around at the moment and yesterday right above me one was dive-bombing a GBB Gull to get it to disgorge it's catch. I was wondering whether the Bonxie would catch it in mid-air before it landed anywhere near me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the catch was not one of your carp. If it was you must stop feeding gulls...........It's naughty.

      Delete
  10. I love Herring Gulls, good images.

    ReplyDelete