ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 14 July 2014

UPPER CASE. (14/07/14)

I was up and out at just gone four this morning. I tend not to bother with sunrises as I always seem to find that mine are far from subtle.

_MG_2906

_MG_2909   These are better than I usually manage.

I have had a few goes at re-working the header. It fades in much more smoothly now and despite it being a forty frame GIF I managed to get the file size down to 717KB. That’s fine for a header and it seems to load fast enough.

    headerjul21

The font is UnZialish from DaFont. It only comes in capitals so that solved one dilemma. I had to leave it for a day as I had somehow got several frames out of order. Lord knows how. It took ages to find them and put them back in the right place. There were lots of “Well Bless my Souls.” This one repeats continuously but the header just does it once. Blogger definitely accepts GIF files now so that saves uploading to PhotoBucket and copying the HTML across. Wonderful. The only changes I would make are to have the first frame text free and give it a duration of a second, the second to have it fade in and fade out continuously and the third would be to change my name to Steven or stretch the “A” and see if I can pull it’s right hand foot out. I’ll try it when the rain arrives. I like stuff symmetrical. I guess Paths would do it. Suggestions are not only welcome but would speed the job up.

There was little to see on our main walk. Thousands of Midges and they were biting, horrible things they are. I’m still itching at the thought of them or because of them.

_MG_2910   The Dipper was there again but it wasn’t in a cooperative frame of mind so I took one frame and left it alone. I’ve dozens from Saturday so don’t really need anymore.

_MG_2914     A few Eider Ducks swam past but they were too far away. It’s still good to see them. Pity they don’t eat bread. I could get a few close ups if they did.

It’s giving heavy rain for later so the cave may be a bit more exciting tomorrow.

That’s all for today.

28 comments:

  1. Charming little birds are Dippers. I still can't ever recall seeing one outside the Duddon Valley. As for your new GIF I must credit you with considerably more patience than I could allocate to it. I obviously use up too much of my patience location on other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, I see them on most fast flowing water. getting close enough is a different matter. There is a bit of wall to hide behind here.
      I suppose the header took hours but now I've worked out how to do it half an hour should see one...maybe an hour.

      Delete
  2. I like your header. Deffinitly loads fast. Your images are great as usual, I'm looking foward to my vacation on the sea, and the opportunity to do some new seascapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mersad, it's getting there. You have a great holiday.

      Delete
  3. The Dipper looks great on that rock, not a bad backdrop too.
    I liked the sunrises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Douglas. I wonder if it is a young one, it seems much less timid than they usually are.

      Delete
  4. HI Adrian Love the Dipper. Love the Rock in your header but s the background meant to be that light?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Light Margaret, by Jove so it is, it's Snow White. What colour would you suggest for a high key image?

      Delete
  5. The mauve sky and reflection is just stunning. Gotta love sunrises and sunsets over water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary, I'll have to try harder with them. I do like the view from here.

      Delete
  6. Brilliant header Adrian, I couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, I'm sure you could if you wanted to but thank you.

      Delete
  7. First, I do like your sunrises. Next, I like your header but would like to see more color. Maybe have the title go through a series of colors. Now I'm really messin with your mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, thanks. I did think about having a little spot light playing coloured beams over the letters. There is a limit with animations but I've by no means reached it.

      Delete
  8. Lovely sunrise and I do like your new header - very artistic, crisp and clean looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pauline. This header will do for a while. I'll try and think of another one.

      Delete
  9. Me gustan las dos primeras.
    Los patos van a su aire, no te hicieron caso.
    buen martes.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Laura, los patos mantienen la misma distancia.

      Delete
  10. Amazing photos, Adrian, but WHAT were you doing up at 4am? (i know, I know. Taking photos. But not being a morning person, I can't imagine getting up voluntarily at that time in the morning.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances, I can't really add to "Taking Pictures" . I do have a siesta some days. It is the best time of the day for me.

      Delete
  11. I definitely like that new header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It needs yet more work Maria. It will do for now as I think it's Okay.

      Delete
  12. Love the new header! The only advice I dare to give is to plead - don't return to lower case!
    Now about these midges! You seem to have a grudge against small people. It has been years since the British public laughed at midges in circuses or variety theatre. We have come a long way since then and it's good to see that Warwick Davis has made it as an actor even though he is of course a midge himself. If I might be so bold - your attitude to midges is akin to racism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YP, I hadn't the choice with this font. I would like the 'A' to balance better.
      I'm a mathematician so love the symmetry lower case offers.
      Midges; YP, Midges is what you are confusing with Midgets or Dwarfs. The ones I am on about are Insex. Little tiny flying beasts. Insects, I got it right second go.
      PS. I most likely will in the future but if you want a header doing I'll do one. Pick a background image you like. Pick your font and send them separate. I'll work the magic bit for free.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the offer Adrian. As the actress said to the bishop - I will sleep on it.

      Delete
  13. I envy you and your Dipper sightings! Those birds evade me at every turn. Nemesis bird indeed! Love your first lavender'ish image. As for the midgies, I'm with you. Hate those things.....A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, this one is ten times more cooperative than any other I've seen.
      This isn't a bad area for them but we still get the odd day when they are a pest.

      Delete