ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Thursday 2 July 2009

HAIR CUT WEDNESDAY

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

BELTED GALLOWAY CATTLE

No obvious link to the dog having it's hair cut. I came across these beauties whilst waiting for the dog trimmer to do his business. I love seeing these rare breeds and the relaxed regime under which they are raised. OK they will be dinner one day, not for me the price of beef being what it is, but good to see them like this. Like the Highland cattle that are now roaming moorland locally they live a much better life in groups including bulls, calves, cows and heifers. Long may this enlightened view of animal husbandry flourish.

Back to my animal husbandry, got the dog down to the kennels for a hair cut. She has always detested this job. Clipping not too bad, washing not too good. Come the blow drying then the howling has to be heard to be believed. It sounds like the racket I imagine twenty tortured souls in Hades would produce. Probably put them to shame! This time arriving back early, all I heard was the hair dryer, dogs dead, I thought. Can't be, even Simon wouldn't dry a dead dog. No the transformation from howling banshee to calm and collected Molly was brought about by a kitten. The young cat, was sitting observing this entertaining spectacle and dog was not going to show herself up in front of a mere cat.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

MOLLY BEFORE MOLLY AFTER

Just getting light here, so off to find some butterflies before their wings dry and they start flitting about. All the best.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing about the cattle. I'd never heard of them. I must say Molly looks like a different dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia, yes galloways come from SW Scotland and are all black. I understand the Belted Galloway is crossed with some Dutch breed. Probably so they can find the beggars in the dark!

    ReplyDelete