ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Wednesday 1 July 2009

PENSIONS AND PENSIONERS

Whilst in the Post Office yesterday I became embroiled in an incident. A lady, more advanced in years than I, was at the counter in front of me. The nature of her mission I never did fully appreciate But I'll recount for you the details.

Turning round and holding up her hand an inch from my eyes she said. 'Excuse me, could you read me these numbers please?' On her hand scrawled in a hesitant script were four digits.

I've been asked stranger things, so agreed and relayed the required information. She thought, looked about, squinting at the counter, grey head ducking from side to side like a pigeon's on a pavement. After a few moments.

'I'm sorry, you see I've got my outside glasses on. Can you see the slot? All the while waving a card about under my nose.

Mindful of my Boy Scout training, and their emphasis on good deeds, I took the card, placed it in the reader and tapped in her pin number.

A minor fracas threatened to develop, slapping me on the arm, she said in a loud voice. 'You, young man, are not supposed to look while I'm using this machine.'

Being of a philosophical nature, I wondered if having half the plot was better or worse than having no plot at all. More depressing still, how long have I got before I start assaulting well intended members of the local population?

This is the last of these.

P6295255_4_3_2_1_edited-1

Promised I would refrain from this sort of processing, just can't help myself, sorry.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA CURBAR GAP SUNSET

How did this creep in? So hot and humid here I felt the need for cool. So cool this day that I was swapping batteries. I'm never satisfied, love this weather though, hope to have a couple of weeks on Scotland's north east coast in February. Have to be sunrise there but I'm up for noon anyway.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA RIVER WYE MILLERS DALE

OK even I have some restraint, enough is enough.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA MIST INVERSION DERWENT VALLEY

Have loads of summer pictures but they are never as good to my eyes as the other three seasons.

That's it, all the best.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your story. Seems you have a way with words as well as photos. Wonderful images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Ruby, you have been delving into the mists of time. Have fun.

      Delete