ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Thursday 16 July 2009

ORANGE IS THE COLOUR

I'm horrendously busy at the moment, so what with a combination of weather and sorting out the last few weeks of my current lifestyle I'm going to short change you over the next few days. These are some of my personal favourites of the last year. They are in no particular order.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA DAWN FROM LONGSTONE MOOR............The water reflecting the dawn is not some romantic lake, it's a mineral processing tailings dam, ninety percent mud.

monsal dawn DAWN MONSAL HEAD

814_edited-1 SUNLIGHT AND CLOUD.........this is from a few years ago, the filter was my sunglasses.

820_edited-1 SAME DAY THIRTY MINUTES LATER............These are taken off Finnisterre North Spain and are sunsets, again sunglasses to the rescue. Used to use them a fair bit come to think of it.

the last of summer YELLOW AND GREEN........Creeping away from orange, no staying power that's my trouble.

1086 HIGHLAND COW HIDING........But watching, you can just see it's eye. These despite, or probably because of their ferocious looking horns are very sociable and gentle beasts. Approachable even when they have calves with them. Can't say that about many cattle!

As all photographers say, well a high percentage. 'I hope you enjoy looking at these as much as I enjoyed taking them.' Devious devils are just trying to forestall adverse criticism. If you don't like mine say so. I'm a big boy and can take it, just won't speak for weeks is all.

P5283804_3_2_edited-4 A FINE EXAMPLE OF HDR!!!!!!!.........Subtle is my middle name.

That's all for now. All the best.

7 comments:

  1. Adrian, these are absolutely gorgeous. I certainly don't feel shortchanged one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you do orange, you do orange. I love the first shot even if it is a mud flat and not a romantic lake. Love the dramatic skies and the tree by the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you can 'short change' me anytime Adrian.
    I loved all of these.
    Never tried sunglasses as a filter before; think I'll have to now, after seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn at Monsal Head is my favourite although I very much enjoyed this journey into the archives. You can repeat that journey as often as you like so far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved Dawn Monsal Head - that's my type of photo. I was trying to find one to say I didn't like but without success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sunrise and sunset shots! Great colors. I've never used a filter on that type of shot, what do you gain? More intense color? Less (or no) lens flare?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gwendolyn, I use filters to cut down on haze, a UV filter does that. Neutral and soft graduated grey filters compensate for the sky being brighter than the land. I use 2 stop and 3 stop and a non graduated 3 stop neutral grey to increase exposure times or to use wide apertures to reduce depth of field. Go to Cokin web site, hundreds of filters. You will need P size. Watch for vignetting on wide angle lenses. The only other I use is a polariser, brightens skies and reduces glare. All the best A.

    ReplyDelete