ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 19 July 2010

HERE I GO AGAIN (19/07/10)

image

image      We are back in blog land and parked just outside Middlesbrough whilst I get the van serviced and MOT’d. There are now three of us as Molly has been joined by her cousin Alfie until Jen gets her house sorted.

This is at first glance, second and third glances actually, not the most prepossessing of locations. It has one saving grace, a nature reserve right next door. We spent a pleasant hour or so wandering around and although there was little to see it was a very nice morning.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA   OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA The scenery could be better but it’s not too bad. The nature reserve is in the foreground.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA As is usually the case there are more pictures on the board than actual  specimens in evidence. Could be worth a look in winter.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA It comprises three separate ponds non of which are easily accessible, good for the birds, not so good for the watcher. Today I saw a few dragonflies and Reed Buntings. As I failed to get a decent picture I can’t, for once, be corrected.

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA      I don’t know what these tiny bugs are………….Suggestions welcome.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA       A Moorhen with chicks but they are hiding in the rushes.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA    The Tees Barrage. Tomorrow I’ll have a wander up for a better look.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA   The dogs enjoyed the river, it made a change from the sea.

Hard work this blogging when one gets out of the habit so I will call it a day and hopefully do some catching up with you all this evening.

 

10 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back in blogland mate; and a new traveller too. Hiya Alfie!
    Your little bugs are pollen beetles; and Phil, at Cabinet of Curiosities, has strangely done a post about them. http://cabinetofcuriosities-greenfingers.blogspot.com/
    That reserve looks to have bags of potential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to be back. yes just saw Phils blog. the reserve is well maintained but viewing is far from ideal. Alfie is a smelly little beast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adrian, a pleasure to see your pictures again. all the best,
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Adrian! Welcome back, it's great to see you. And of course Molly and Alfie too!

    Of course I love that picture of them in the water.

    And that spiky flower with all the bugs is just fascinating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phil thanks, wish I had seen your post prior to showing my ignorance of Pollen Beetles. If you haven't been then it may be worth a look in winter.

    Krista, lovely to be back, bit of a squeeze with two dogs in the van. the flower is a thistle and the national flower of Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting the MOT done is as bad as going to the dentist - usually expensive.

    Glad to see you are back Blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Petrus, baring further upset it will be service as normal.
    I will let you know how much the MOT costs. The insurance I paid this morning and at £800.00p they had me in floods of tears. Yorkshiremen are noted for being 'Careful'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its nice to see you. Your going with another doggy, Alfie, I hope that you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see you back, Adrian, double trouble and all. Lovely photo of the thistle and its visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bob I'll enjoy it.

    Pauline, it is a bit crowded but no real trouble.

    ReplyDelete