ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Saturday 14 February 2015

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY. (14/02/15)

  Happy Valentine’s Day.

I was playing in Blender the other day when I selected the Cast Modifier by mistake. I then had a look on the internet and found this tutorial by SARDI PAX. He does explain things very fast but I got there in the end. I wasn’t sure what to do with this at the time but it was good practise and I key framed it for animation using the graph editor. They are supposed to be balloons.

14-02-2015 08-52-51  This looks complicated but I like using it now. This is set to a linear graph but there are lots of choices. If you look at the top left you will see the coloured graphs refer to different axes.

14-02-2015 10-40-27 This is the Node editor and I’m still far from at home with this but it is easier to adjust materials for both the Object and the World as Blender calls the Background. The GIFF file looks a bit grainy but it is only twenty render cycles over 250 frames. That takes long enough. The reason the SEED box is purple is because I typed in #FRAME. This stops fireflies during rendering. I learnt that this morning. It has to be typed in upper case without out spaces.

I hope the background didn’t make you ill. Have a good day.

22 comments:

  1. You are coming along in leaps and bounds Adrian. The balloons worked well though I did find the background a bit disconcerting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, it is how all video editors and compositors seem to be going. I thought i ought to get used to Nodes and the graph timeline editor is quick and relatively simple.

      The background is awful but I never have known when enough was enough.

      Delete
  2. I've decided I need to be another two feet taller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, it is the same software that Mark uses to draw his wagons and locomotives. Amazing and it's free. It certainly exercises the little grey cells.

      Delete
  3. It is so kind of you to wish me a Happy Valentine's Day and I am truly flattered. However, I am afraid I will have to tell it to you straight Adrian - you are just not my type! Apart from anything else, I prefer women. Sorry to let you down like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all right YP, so do I. I just thought it was an appropriate use of the balloons.

      Delete
  4. Balloons, I like that one Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the card. It made my head spin but I guess love would do that to you. I would have liked fireflies but never mind. Hope you enjoy Valentines Day too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Pauline. Fireflies are a nuisance they show up in the same place throughout the clip.

      Delete
  6. Adrian,
    Aren't you the clever one! Thank you and Happy Valentine's Day to you, too.
    McGregor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. McGregor, it is my pleasure. Not clever but I am persistent.

      Delete
  7. I see what you mean by "make you sick" Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, I ought to have put a cloud pattern in the background and slowed it down by half.

      Delete
  8. Happy Valentine's Day, to you, too! or should that be Happy Balloontine's Day? Looks like you are having lot of creative fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glo, I enjoy playing in Blender. Valentine's Day was more an excuse than anything but you are very welcome to the balloons.

      Delete
  9. A first glance, I read that you were playing with your blender, and a terrifying image of mangled knuckles sprang to mind before I realised it was one of yourTechnical Posts. Phew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances, I don't have a Blender. They are too dangerous for me.

      Delete
  10. No está mal Adrian aunque giran muy rápido;)
    Buen domingo.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete