ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Sunday 14 August 2016

JESUS WOZ HERE. (14/08/16)

Far too many years ago when I was about three and a half feet tall we used to be dispatched to Sunday school. The curate used to tell us stories, he also had less desirable traits but solved the problem to everyone's satisfaction by gassing himself in the Parish Rooms. I can remember him recounting how the Donkey got the cross on it’s back………Jesus sat on it, he must have spun the yarn out a bit but that was the gist of it. Jesus was obviously here as well. Why he would want to ride on a spider I don't know._V0G0349
Garden Cross Spider; Araneus diadematus.
This morning as it was slightly cooler and windless I decided to take the MP-E 65mm for a walk.
_V0G0351
_V0G0353
Stilt Legged Fly?
Whilst looking under leaves I found this tiny spider. It’s about 3mm long.
_V0G0357
Erigone dentipalpis?
It is a little beauty whatever it is. I mislaid the next few insects I came across, they either fell from their perch or flew away which is a regular occurrence whilst I’m trying to get them in focus.

_V0G0362
_V0G0364
_V0G0365
This one flew away after one shot but I noticed it had only flown from a Tansy flower head to a leaf a foot away. It’s a Mirid bug. I am reasonably sure it’s a Tarnished Plant Bug; Lugus rugulipennis.
_V0G0359
Ichneumon Wasp?
That is all for today, enjoy the coming week. I’m hoping to get some video of a grand old diesel powered generator running tomorrow as a new injector arrived for it on Friday evening.

34 comments:

  1. You had a good shooting day for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I may have spent a little longer on the job than usual.

      Delete
  2. The fly looks pretty spiffy in his Foster-Grants... Incredible clarity, Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill it's a great lens once you get your eye in.

      Delete
  3. Great shots again. Love the spiders for something different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, spiders can be a bit lively. The orb weavers aren't too bad if they are on their web. I was trying to snap a wolf spider for twenty minutes and failed.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. John, yes I was pleased. It could do with being a few degrees cooler first thing but at least the wind is away.

      Delete
  5. That spider is quite beautiful. Never thought I'd say that about a spider!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline they are said to be quite common but being so small and living in trees they are difficult to find,

      Delete
  6. Some great level of detail on the images Adrian. The spider is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, I enjoy looking at spiders but they are difficult to find in a cooperative mood.

      Delete
  7. Great photos but I can't get excited at the idea of a video of a diesel generator!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, you don't know what you'll miss. I love the old Petters, Listers and I drool over the Gardners. Gorgeous they are and being mechanically injected I can understand them. The modern ECU diesels are a pain but I do have access to some software and a physical plug to connect them to a laptop. It does tell me what is wrong but the engines are soulless.

      Delete
  8. Seems like you had a productive walk?
    A super set of up close and personal bug photos...Oh!..and the spiders...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor, this morning was a heat out. Everything I found was far too lively. Not that I can always tell what I've found until I get them in focus.

      Delete
  9. Great macro work again, Adrian! I particularly like the images of the Tarnished Plant Bug (I agree with the ID, but your images are better than any reference image that I found!)and the Garden Cross Spider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, I suspect many of the reference images are taken with either 35mm film cameras and dioptre add on objectives, they will have been scanned so many times and saved as JPEGs that they have about had it. Some are really bad and not worth describing as reference images. These tiny creatures need lots of light and a good lens. The MP-E 65mm is almost perfect but I could do with the expensive twin macro headed strobe.
      I tend to prever coloured pen and ink drawings for reference some of them are wonderful.

      Delete
  10. 3mm spider!! Wow what wonderful macro photography. Your photos have inspired me more than you could know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The spider looks as if its wearing sunglasses :) Amazing pictures, Adrian!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are a very good insect hunter ! I like to see them so close and sharp !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Buena serie Adrian y una gran colección.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  14. As my brother CJ said they are superb photos but, unlike my brother, I will get very excited over the generator running. Then you can come and sort mine out please. However it's a cheap modern one and the problem is almost certainly bits that weren't tightened up at the factory unlike the connection to the petrol tank which was so tight it had distorted the tank and leaked.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are alive and well! :D Haven't seen new posts from your for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What has happened to you, Adrian? Where have you gone? You are missed in Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is everything okay Adrian? I notice that you haven't blogged since August 14th, nor have you visited my blog. I am starting to imagine that you have been arrested for being an illegal immigrant and you're currently languishing in a Scottish dungeon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Getting a bit worried when I see you haven't posted in three weeks? Not like you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HAS ANYBODY HEARD FROM ADRIAN LATELY? Getting a bit concerned as it's unusual for him not to reply to comments and it's been over a month since he posted! Not answering e-mails either!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adrian. Jesus was here, but where are you? Wherever you are, I hope you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Missing your posts. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Te pasa algo??...Espero que estés bien Adrian.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  23. SPOKE TO ADRIAN ON MONDAY (03/10/2016). He's fine - just without internet at the moment!

    ReplyDelete