ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 1 August 2016

NOT MUCH CHANGE. (01/08/16)

I am not long back and there is little change at the old stump with the Stinkhorns. The old one has collapsed which is an all too familiar sight.
sthorn

I do have a few pictures from the weekend and the latter half of last week.
_MG_6679
ROWAN
These are a little peculiar as some fruit a good month before others and they seem to have smaller berries. I once had Rowan berry beer, disgusting it was but I suppose if Sainsbury have run out of Pilsner it would do.
_MG_6674
A Worker RED TAILED BUMBLEBEE.
Good Identification, It’s easy when one is an expert and can see the other side of it.
_MG_6669


That’s all for today, I hope you all have a good month.

10 comments:

  1. Happy August to you too. The bee on the thistle is bee-utiful. You know I had to say it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely selection of nature images. I think we have the same red berry plants in our 'woods' here in Utah, but not sure. They are beautiful intermixed with the white trunks of the aspen trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen the Rowan is also known as The Mountain Ash.

      Delete
  3. Nobody loves a collapsed stinkhorn. Nice shot, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, I find them fascinating but they are also repulsive.

      Delete
  4. That's right, it's next month already! I really like the bee shots. Not too sure what to think about those Stinkhorns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline they have some wonderful colloquial names. Devils dipstick is my favourite. I am just about to go out to check them.

      Delete
  5. Time goes by too quickly when you are older. HAve a good August

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, it doesn't seem two minutes since it was spring and this morning there is a distinct autumnal feel.

      Delete