I went out at dusk to check on the Stinkhorns and nothing was happening. This morning the oldest one had grown but minus it’s smelly end, Shite. There is still one more to fruit and I am so convinced it will be perfect that first thing tomorrow I’m away up there with LED lights and a tripod for a bit of video. If the last one fails I still have another site which isn’t showing signs of anything yet. I’m weird but I love taking pictures of tiny insects and fungi.
The Sycamore aphids were the highlight of this summer closely followed by the Lacewing. Not really a highlight but it’s something I’ll never forget was spending several hours trying to re-fit the bracing arm under the combine, two of us tried it every which way and every other way for hours; it wasn’t in jacking distance of lining up, it only had two end plates and was a straight bit of square tube. I woke up, went down presented it and all the seven holes were aligned perfectly with the new axle and the combine chassis. That is akin to feeding folk fishes and bread. I did wonder if I should try water walking but after a seconds deliberation decided one was enough. The trouble that bastard caused. I know it was only this week but I’m still happy with the shots of the lacewing.
That’s about it for today I spent the morning helping to sort the brush buster deck out. It hit a big rock the other day and discombobulated itself. The spinner is away for some serious attention and brush busting will resume drektly….Drektly is a lovely South West of England expression which means as soon as he, she, me, it can be arsed. We got the combine out of the shed and after all the gearbox and other refurbishments it seems fine bar a bit of a TIG welded patch on the discharge auger elbow; no more than a couple of hours work and while the TIG welder and gas are here we can do some bits on the new grain dryers auger tubes.
I am gearing up for a harvest video. I like my Adrian's Images Logo thingy running as an Alpha Channel and will keep it but keep it shorter. It’s the one with an ‘A’ and an ‘I’ that split, spin around and subtly refract the background image…Oxford level compositing. I’ll have to do it again as I know it is saved but where. Not only where but what as. Quicker to do it again. I may even do it better as practise is everything with image adulteration.
Have a good weekend. Sorry about the formatting it’s gone all belly up and I have to guess. Formatting now fine but still guess work.