ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Thursday 3 December 2009

SCENTED CANDLE (03/12/09)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA    After Molly's heroic escapade yesterday, I lit a scented candle. I know, a bit girly but it's good to show ones feminine side occasionally. Just don't take it to extremes! (Just looked at this image, those cannot be nasal hairs on me posh candle) Nah! Will be a bit of beard.

We've had a good time here, the leg still isn't right and four or five miles walking is not pleasant. I'll pause for the cries of....................................... Sympathy..................................................................................That's enough, you are making me blush!

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     Porthtrowan Beach. As beaches go, a good one.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Has a waterfall........And,

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA   Pebbles and sand.

The site is still being developed but it's really good.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     A composting toilet, smells a damn sight better than a Portaloo, in fact no smell whatsoever.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA       A Cob Walled courtyard with fire pit, Cob is, as far as I know, horse muck straw and earth. A clay oven in one corner I can imagine a convivial evening here.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA        Well here we were. Variety being paramount, we move on.

Don't wet yourselves, I'm thinking of a lakeside camp for a spot of birding.

All the best.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the stroll / look through part of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful place!! Hats off to your spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you up to cant you sleep. looking at my blog side bar Adrian posted 4 hours ago that made it 3.00 your end. seeing I am up at a proper time 8.30 here, 6.30 your end.
    after feeding the birds. and taken some photos to blog. and blogged the reason I am on the computer at this silly hour and not out birding.is on my blog.
    lovely comment on your post from the middle of the night. are you sure the waterfall was not from the compost loo. one thing I like is the smooth feel of washed pebbles. and the patina on old wood such as furniture. Would only get a splinter rubbing the wood on that loo.
    did you get molly cleaned up not sure what you can do but my miss mole jumped in the van after channel-ing herself in dead shellfish took weeks to get rid of the smell in the van I washed her in tar soap, but she still had this aroma and did not understand why she could not have cuddles. she was a welsh border collie. sheep dog to most people. the scots border has a longer coat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long story Tony only sleep for three hours at a time as I got my chest crushed a few years ago and everything cramps up.Not a problem, got used to it now. They love revolting smells. Still a slight aroma, I can live with it, all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with candles anytime! What an awesome place you have. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to keep an eye on Bobby. For a big dog he can flip upside down in a flash if he spots just the right odour to roll in.

    You candle just needs a sprig of holly and then your Christmas decorating will be done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you are doing here Adrian. You will end up with a lovely pictorial reminder of your journey as well as educating us mere mortals. I agree with you about the washed out highlights. In my opinion very little can be done with an over exposed image whereas one under exposed can usually be rescued. Another thing I feel is important is the sky. These dreary days all you see is a vast expanse of greyness or sheet cloud which does nothing for a picture. Clouds are want we want....Storm, fluffy anything as long as it enhances the picture.
    Looking forward to your foray with the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bit concerned about you getting in touch with your feminine side... Hope there's nothing untoward in your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shot of the beach and mini waterfall.
    You're certainly seeing some wonderful places.
    Lakeside camp and birding. Sounds perfect to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I could send you some of this sun, the missus skyped and asked for some as well said its ruddy miserable and cold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks one and all. today a write off, Hail, no internet though as you can see the pub has WiFi.
    Should get out tomorrow/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny how we change as we age. Once upon a time if a beach wasn't sandy with a big surf it was considered crap. Now the more textures the better! But I don't know of any of our beaches where there is a waterfall! Although, to be fair, it's not much of a waterfall, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pauline, can easily be made bigger, with the way the rain is falling it won't need any help from me. No it's about thirty feet tall and a couple of feet wide but not really photogenic, nor there most of the time I suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Composting toilets are fantastic and you're right they don't generally smell. (Except the ones on Skoma, Phew!)

    ReplyDelete