ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Wednesday 21 January 2015

GOOD NEWS AND NOT SO GOOD. (21/01/15)

The weather is still perfect. It’s cool, dry and calm. I have spent hours wandering through the woodland trying to find some more Hair Ice but have not found anything to compare with the examples in the last post.

There is a Barn Owl but although I’ve seen it twice it is flying too late to get pictures. The Jays and Woodpeckers are about but never close enough. It’s all a bit of a pain._MG_2445  Not to worry the weather is perfect but not for landscapes.

Winter Watch is back and whilst watching it at five this morning I thought Michaela was going to take her clothes off. I may have misheard her, it was early. If she did the editors cut it; just mean are some folk. Thrilled as I was to see infrared images of a Pine Marten I’d rather have seen Michaela in the altogether dancing round their camp fire.

_MG_2346    This Coal Tit is still alive. It is hard for the small birds and there were two of these. I suspect one has succumbed.

The good news is that the Long Tailed Tits are still around. I hadn’t seen them for five days and was getting worried, I shouldn’t have been as they are back in vast numbers. I could do with bigger feeders to accommodate them.

_MG_2450

_MG_2455     I have had to move the feeder nearer the bushes and I’ve shifted the perches and tie wrapped them to a big old rose tree as the Sparrow Hawk got a Chaffinch yesterday. I love raptors but there is no point in making life easy for them. I leave it a chicken leg out but bring it in at night or the foxes will have it.

_MG_2384     Female Siskin. These are usually about in their dozens but there are very few this year.

_MG_2405      There are plenty of Robins, Blue Tits and Goldfinches. A few Greenfinches, Lots of House Sparrow and Chaffinch. I’ll need bird food soon.

_MG_2411      One of a couple of dozen Goldfinch. I wish I'd started using perches ages ago.

_MG_2321    Alf likes the snow, he is asking to come in the van. Molly is keeping well back as she knows he is going to get a good going over with a towel. I think after years I’ve sorted dog clipping as they aren’t too hairy yet the snow isn’t melting so they aren’t getting cold.

I succumbed yesterday and went to see the quack. He got my records up on the screen and noticed I’d taken a hit or two. I told him I had stagnation of the lungs but what was keeping me from sleeping was a headache, a watery eye and smelling snot like cow shit.

Bright as a button he was he said have you used a decongestant.  I told him the bottom end was working fine. Bloody should be the muesli, apples, grapes, carrots, potato with their skins on and porridge I get through a day.

I did say I needed Vick. They don’t sell it at 100% these days. I said I think me sinuses are bunged up as I’m a bit wobbly on my legs first thing. I got more than my ten minutes, he checked my art, my preshus, my iyes. He said when he looked in my ears have you been raking about in there. He opined that that could be half the problem He never mentioned drink or smoking. He has given me a thing to squirt up my nose. Brilliant it is it makes my eyes water but I slept last night  and my mucus (that's his word for snot) doesn’t smell of cow muck. I’m to see him again on Friday. I’m better already but will see if this wondrous doctor can do anything for erectile dysfunction as I'm seeing Alex Saturday. I bet he has a little sprayer, squirter thingy that will save disappointment. He is only young but is kind. He did say that I hadn’t been to see my GP Mark for six years. I was diplomatic and said there was little point as the bloke is grand but a tosser of a doctor.

A mixed couple of days but most of it good. Have fun.

36 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. R. Mac. I have felt rough for six weeks. Sorry if you found my diary upsetting. Working a camera is like breathing to me I know when to use strobes and when not to. I have only known for ten years and am still working at it.

      Has your snot never smelt funny? Mine did and it worried me enough to seek help.

      Delete
  2. So sorry you're having all these problems, Adrian, but I'm intrigued about spraying your erectile dysfunction. Had you thought of starch?

    Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances, I'm not that silly. A cuddle would do but when you nurses feed that thingy tube down my willy it seems to bugger up my normal reaction to fit totty. I have heard of Niagra. I thought this thirty five year old GP was the spot on. He may well be married to Alex so I'll tred carefully.
      Does starch work? I doubt it.

      Delete
    2. Depends how much of it you drink. Mix it with the whisky. That'll sort it.

      Delete
    3. Graham, I'll give it a whirl. Does flour and water paste work. Should I imbibe it or paint it on?

      Delete
  3. Buenas fotos Adrian...Los pájaros son más felices más que tú con el frio;))
    Seca bien al perro se va a resfriar.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura Me gusta este clima. El perro es seco y feliz.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful scenes, the birds and Molly, awe, isn't she a bunch of snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, that one is Alfie but both love rolling in snow.

      Delete
  5. I love all the bird images. I am sure They really appreciate the feeders you have out for them. Love the snowy face of Alf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, it's amazing how much food they eat in cold weather.
      Alf is a daft dog.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Monica, thanks I cheat as they are set up round a couple of perches.

      Delete
  7. If perches and feed get the bird close for a good photo, thats what you have to do. Great pics, i wish i could get close to a goldfinch.


    peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter, Goldfinch are tolerant here. Greenfinch are not.

      Delete
  8. Lovely birds; no one knows about the perches except you and us'ns
    Had a little cairn once with no undercoat; she would get great balls of snow in her coat and come in the house stumping on high heels she's acquired. She loved the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne. it works. I flip the images left to right to try and hide my duplicity.

      My two have an undercoat and don't seem to mind freezing water or snow.

      Delete
  9. Ah ah ah your humor -) i hope you are better now -)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I'm getting better. I've never had a cold that has lasted as long.

      Delete
  10. The little birds make me smile. As did your account of your visit to the doctor. My new doc is young and asked had I been exposed to scorpion venom when trying to find a reason for a recent health issue. I knew then we were going to get along. Can't wait for the return visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This bloke is brilliant, no nagging just treatment.

      Delete
  11. I love the picture of Alf. Surprised you were able to get a doctor's appointment when you are not on that practice's list. A private session with Dr Michaela Strachan would have massively reduced your congestion and healed certain other ailments too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YP, this medical centre is great. You just walk in and they sort you out. Last summer I broke the toe next to my little toe and went for a roll of micropore to strap it to the toe in the middle. They called Dr and he came and a nurse strapped it all up perfect. He is a grand bloke. He told her to make sure it was straightish by pulling it and told me to be brave and I could have a lolly. A great place.

      Delete
  12. What gorgeous photos! It's always a joy to see (and photograph) birds. And Alf is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, birds are generally not very cooperative. I'm training these. Alf is okay, he is a terrier so has a mind of his own.

      Delete
  13. Fantastic shots! There are a thousand other things I could write, but my dear one would disapprove. Why do dogs all love to do that with the snow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, I don't know why dogs enjoy extremes. They roll about in snow swim in freezing water and lie so close to the hot air blowers I can smell them cooking. Just daft they are.

      Delete
  14. Well, for a guy who's in great distress, you got some awesome bird photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, thanks, the more I practise the better things get.

      Delete
  15. Adriaan be beautiful foto.s and strength with your dokter..was it a female?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bas, I wish. No it was a sympathetic man.

      Delete
  16. I love the perch you're using for the bird images I like them all, it seems your dog is trying to build a snowman and as for Michaela I had to chuckle when she was talking about Black Grouse and said "the black cock is very impressive"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, I have tried to avoid baiting perches but it is the answer.

      Chris Packham is a pain but I love Michaela. The programme is scripted but she is perfect. I liked the bit when she was cuddling up on her roost. It is a serious programme but excellent entertainment.

      Delete
  17. Great bird photography. You manage to get the birds sharp and the background blurry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, the backgrounds are cleaned up. The camera and lens do sharp and blurry f5.6.is a happy medium.

      Delete