ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 3 August 2009

BECK HOLE (31/07/09)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERATHOMASON FOSS.....Considering the effort expended this was not as spectacular as I had hoped. The big problem at this time of the year is the number of tourists. Had I realized the nature of the path in I suspect it wouldn't have been a problem and a later start would have given better light.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA BECK HOLE........This is a picturesque little place and worth the walk, once! The pub looks attractive, been even more so had it opened at seven in the morning. The highlight of the expedition was my first sighting of a Green Woodpecker, absolutely brilliant, it didn't stop around long enough for a portrait. Molly didn't help, and she certainly won't in the future as it's alarm call is strikingly similar to that of her favourite sporting bird the pheasant.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA BIRCH HALL INN

P7316638_7_6_5_4_edited-1 BECK HOLE BRIDGE

P7316643_42_40_41_39_edited-1 ELTER BECK........Got my feet wet for this one, hope you appreciate the sacrifice. The weather is very unsettled. The met office were promising a heat wave this summer but I notice they have revised their predictions in the light of experience. Millions of pounds of computer model, predicting the unpredictable! As I see it meteorology can never be an exact science as long as weather keeps affecting it.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful. I enjoyed the photography but the piƩce de resistence was "As I see it meteorology can never be an exact science as long as weather keeps affecting it".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful looking place Adrian.
    That last picture is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you got some good shots. I especially like the one of the road and of course the bridge shots.

    ReplyDelete