ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Saturday 22 August 2009

TAKE AWAYS (20/08/09)

image I'm moving on in a couple of days, so thought I'd cheat a bit and give you some take aways, or ought that to be out takes. Sitting in the van, listening to reports on the radio of England baking in Saharan temperatures whilst I can barely think for the noise of rain drumming on the roof is starting to lose it's appeal.

P8187581_80_79_78_77_edited-1 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA THREE HARVESTS...... Surprisingly it looks like a successful harvest. Not, I might add, confirmed by one farmer I questioned. Pessimistic breed are farmers. Good harvest lower prices, poor harvest higher prices, appears to be a win win scenario to an outsider.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA CHESTERS MEWS.......This is part of a mansion adjacent to the roman remains of Chesters Fort. Amazing, the shear scale of the edifice. Lucky horses!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA CONCENTRATION......This young lady was round every five minutes to take Molly for a walk. Here they are learning to walk to heel. An extremely serious business and one neither seemed to tire of. Though I suspect Molly would have preferred to play football

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A PAIR OF MISTY SHEEP...............................BRIDGE AND ROWAN

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

SLEIGHTS.........................................................ADIT, IRONSTONE MINE PORT MULGRAVE

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA CHESTERS BRIDGE......This is a section of Hadrian's Wall leading to the gate house and southern bridge pier. Over the millennia the river has altered course and now flows the other side of the low wall centre. on the north bank at Chesters Fort there is little remaining of the bridge, possibly on the river bed but not visible.

The sun is coming out, the wind has dropped, me thinks it's time to look at some old mine workings. All the best.

2 comments:

  1. Cracking set of take-aways Adrian.
    Lovely sky in the first, and the 'misty sheep'.
    I used to do some gardening for a farmer a few years ago, and I think the only time he wasn't moaning about something, was when he was down the pub. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another enjoyable mix. I particularly liked Mollywalking and the two misty sheep.

    ReplyDelete