ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Wednesday 12 August 2009

MALLYAN SPOUT (02/08/09)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA WEST BECK.........A beck is a stream, this one running from the moors above Goathland down to Beck Hole. The water is very acidic being heavily laden with peat. My last day for a while in the area so off early tourist dodging to Mallyan Spout. A Spout is a Waterfall..... Am I still in England?

This Spout is around sixty feet high and quite beautiful. The gorge it discharges into is almost tropical in the abundance of it's vegetation. Only needs a parrot or two, maybe a leach or piranha and I could be in the Amazon.

P8026738_7_6_5_4_edited-1 MALLYAN SPOUT

P8026728_7_6_5_4_edited-1AND AGAIN.......This is the better view point but unfortunately a tree branch obscures the full height, nothing a bow saw and a lumberjack couldn't sort out.

P8026708_7_6_5_4_edited-1 WEST BECK........and two more views, I was hoping to see a Green Woodpecker again but no such luck, just water, more water and vegetation.

P8026703_702_700_701_699_edited-1

P8026718_7_6_5_4_edited-1

That's all but before I go I will pass on a comment from the Telegraph letters page. A sign on a plastic container recycling skip. 'SQUASH* BOTTLES FIRST' Why? And how can they tell?

*Squash in the UK is a concentrated fruit juice one dilutes with water.

No comments:

Post a Comment