ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Sunday 27 September 2009

SAVED (27/09/09)

 One of those days, nothing to post and I'm starting to panic. Panic is maybe a little strong but unease is also too weak. As I've already said this valley is fine, the drawback is a trunk road, all walks tend to involve walking upon it at some point to either get where one wants to go or to get back home. I don't, from choice, walk main roads.

I went back to the Torrent to try and improve upon yesterdays effort. This was not an overwhelming success, in fact failure would better describe the results. From this I deduce that I may have reached the limit of my technical competence. The real reason is I forgot the flash unit and was too idle to walk back for it. With flash I could have frozen the entire river or, at the least, selected bits of it.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     ROBIN........He delayed my breakfast but muesli doesn't spoil. Whilst capturing him decided to take a portrait of these sparrows.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     Common are both, odd that I've seen few finches round here, perhaps they dislike Laurel or maybe campers.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     A TOUCH OF AUTUMN.......Delaying pictures of water.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA    Better than yesterdays but far from ideal.

I was beginning to suspect that this would be it when out came the sun and in came a car rally. So I am saved Austin Sevens of all shapes but not all the shapes they manufactured.

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA    AN EARLY ONE.......First manufactured in 1922, will have to try and find when this one was built.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

You can see me in the second photograph. Molly too.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA        AUSTIN SEVEN RUBY........I hope.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

AUSTIN SEVEN OPAL

.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Nice to see, I hope so. We are moving on down the road today. Doubt there will be any access to the internet but time will tell.

All the best.

   

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful old cars Adrian. They knew how to build them then. Classics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh jeez, if that river picture is not so good to you...yikes. My best pales in comparison!

    The robins here in Michigan look totally different! I never knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been away from blogland reading for a few days so am catching up this afternoon. North Wales already? You'll be round Britain by Christmas at this rate.

    I love old cars. New Zealand is an absolute treasure trove of them - many in daily use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. You are in a very beautiful area. Love the car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adrian...I think your being unusaly unfair to yourself. Your shots are beautiful even if you forgot your flash. The water looks fabulous and your forest shot lovely. I have to admit I'm not much of a car fan. But your shots are wonderful. Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  6. keith pity they didn't know how to make them start. GB that is roughly the idea, go everywhere then next year I will know where to concentrate my time.
    Tricia, Jen, nature as is, thanks for the encouragement sometimes one goes out and the light is awful, sometimes I'm awful. Post what you take on the day is good discipline.

    ReplyDelete