ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Thursday 24 September 2009

THE SEASON'S CHANGING (21/09/09)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA    COLOURS ARE CHANGING.........Autumn will soon be upon us; much as I dread the wind, sleet and frost, summers hues are getting a little tired. This image is copied twice and the layers stacked, their register shifted horizontally to make a vertical sandwhich. Gives more the feeling I had when I saw these contrasting shades.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA    Same image, same procedure, this time register shifted about the centre. Fun if you can't get to the pub. Also a reasonable way to use an original that was less than sharp.
We haven't moved far and are now in the middle of the Beddgelert Forest. Almost literally, left the roof hatch open whilst we went for a walk to get the lie of the land and came back to find the truck half full of leaves. Predominantly Silver Birch, should you be interested. This wood, although Forestry Commission, also has on the lower slopes mature Beech, Oak, Pines and the odd Birch and Alder. So not the arboreal desert I normally associate with such places.
 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     
SCENES FROM OUR WALK........OK the best bits, there are vast stretches of trunk to trunk Spruce and Pine but I didn't find it as depressing as I usually do.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OWAIN GLYNDWR'S CAVE.........To be honest it's two hundred metres above in the mist. There's a fascination about mist and hills, I could sit and watch for hours.  Glyndwr is Wales's answer to Scotland's Bonny Prince Charlie and I imagine has just as many caves. How either had the time to become the scourge of the English baffles me, they must have spent ninety percent of their lives looking for or hiding in grottos.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           Beddgelert lies in the valley right centre, we are in the valley below the pines left, about three hundred or so metres below. The sun tried to come out.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          CRAIG WEN......One of Snowden's foothills and on the opposite side of the valley.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           BRAVE FLOWER.......Probably one of the last till next spring.
That's all, will check tomorrows forecast and try for some panoramic scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment