ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Thursday 10 September 2009

ST VITAS (09/09/09)

ugthorpepan1    HINDERWELL FROM UGTHORPE.......Yesterday whilst the south basked in the expected Indian Summer I was blasted by winds that hurricane Bill would have been proud of. This is the last of the Hay and almost the last of my camera. No chance of any serious picture taking, keeping the tripod upright was a full time job.
Booked in here for another couple of days as Scaling reservoir has a bird hide, went down this morning as you birdmen and birdwomen have inspired me. Not a great success but give me time, I knew it wouldn't be easy. This Cormorant welcomed me with open arms, well wings.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERALAPWING......Definitely more practice needed. I include these appalling images so that I can, hopefully, look back and think why was there a problem.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
LAPWINGS AND THE CORMORANT.......About an hour after dawn, thought I ought to go early as I suspect dogs are not welcome in St Vitasers, sorry Twitchers hides.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          WONDERED WHERE YOU'D GOT TO
Not the most successful of days, the hide was a good hundred metres from the nearest bird. Perhaps that should be the other way round. There was a Canada Goose with a broken wing. Inaccessible to me, no phone numbers to phone other than the police, so couldn't help. It's mate wasn't about so presume an unattached one. Hope somebody else finds it.
That's all.

4 comments:

  1. I guess the early photos were in low light, slow shutter speed, especially with a long lens and maybe a bit of camera shake. The later one look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not easy subjects Adrian; they have a tendency to move at the most inopportune moments.
    The waving Cormorant is good though, and you can tell what birds they are. Keep at it ;)
    Shame about the Canada Goose; hope someone can help it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, yes about an hour after dawn. I'll keep trying. Mixed feelings about the goose. Now they are about all year they seem to be taking over. Doesn't mean they should suffer for it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cormorants were presumably doing the St Vitas dance. Sorry. Someone had to say it.

    ReplyDelete