ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Thursday 20 January 2011

NO BOATS (20/01/11)

A very cool night and it hasn’t warmed up much at all. Complaining, grumbling……..not me. Anything is better than rain. It is grand weather.

I am short of pictures today as I’ve been having another go at mastering this video malarkey. You will be pleased to know that I can now get the rubbish I’ve been shooting as far as the story line in the editor. About ten minutes worth was cut to thirty seconds of acceptable footage………..perhaps acceptable is gilding the Lilly a little. Then with a stroke or a click of masterful idiocy I kept the rubbish and lost the bit I wanted. Back to the drawing board.

Today I planned a ride up the lake so off we strolled in perfect sunlight down to the pier.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAA truly wonderful morning.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA   A moderate hoar frost dusting everything with sparkling magic. This has had the soft focus treatment.

We arrived at Lakeside on Windermere to be greeted by mist.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThe sun was trying to push through which is more than could be said for the ferries.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA       This Heron was the only thing moving today…………..wrong lens, wrong speed, wrong photographer. I did mention I was short of pictures.

Tomorrow we are heading back east……..The dogs are having a haircut and pedicure on Monday. I’ll endeavour to stop off for some vistas on the way then we are back here or hereabouts on Tuesday.

If I don’t get to post tomorrow you all have a good weekend.

14 comments:

  1. A beautiful frosty morning, and, a nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue skies up above....... Ah well. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That second shot is a beauty Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the frosty pics. I keep expecting a photo of a hand clutching a sword rising from the misty water . lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or maybe the *dusky barge* appearing out of the mist. It looks wonderfully bleak. Hope the weekend is good for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A splendid second image Adrian.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. By eck it looks cold! Love the moody, misty shot Adrian. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hoar frosts - they make everything so beautiful. I really like the third photograph Adrian, with the different textures.... the rippling lake shimmering on the horizon and the 'marbled paper' sky above .... and look, there's the sun! :O)

    Lucky Molly and Alfie getting a beauty treatment. :) Have a good weekend Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with some of the others that the second shot is the one. The third shot reminds me of those minimalist Spencer pictures in Art shops....I own a couple so you know what I think about your photo. Have a great weekend and pooch pamper day !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved photo #2. Frost is the one good thing to come of fog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed a beautiful morning and photos! I love the rich blue background on the first one and the icy branches...The second is magical like a painting...the moon reflection is truly lovely and the heron is very creative...May your sweet doggies enjoy their outings, cheers..Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful images of winter, but the second is ...wonderful!

    Have a lovely weekend and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bob, I love proper winter. Makes the camera sing.

    Graham, I'll do my best as always. Forecast is not good though........drizzle and damp.

    Keith, again inspired by Michael Orton. This one is a bit more subtle.

    John, I like mist, it is atmospheric in every sense.

    Trevor, taken with you in mind.

    Trevor (Dorset), It is an easy effect to achieve. Maybe I'll do a Seeing To.

    Angie, You have caught Him Indoors Taste.

    Jay, it is all in the processing. I too like minimalist images.

    JoLynne, That's it.........Next rainy day I'll show you how to do it.

    Linda, thanks........I heard the Heron coming and just fired a quick shot. So Chance I can't claim any creativity for this one.

    Claudia, I like the effect.........dreamy.

    Shysongbird, hoar frost is wonderful. It transforms the world.

    Lesley, I get a haircut for a fiver.......theirs is twentyfive......I don't have much hair mind.

    ReplyDelete