ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Sunday 23 January 2011

TOO FAR AWAY (23/01/11)

We are back at Thorpe Farm not far from Barnard Castle. They are establishing six acres of wetland habitat here and I live in hope of seeing wonderful sights…………..I’ll keep on hoping. Yesterday was damp and drizzly this morning was better, lots of Canada Geese flying over but they were flying low and didn’t stop. A lone Canada goose on the water and what I assume are Greylags flying in pairs. Lots and lots of Lapwing but again they didn’t land.  In fact nothing got closer than half a mile. It’s good to sit and watch them but not any good for photographs.

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA        Lapwing………………I hope!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Greylags…………………I have reservations but they do have orange bills.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          The sky to the west………….it’s not an unpleasant day but certainly not productive.

The next image is of the Howgill Fells and was taken on the way over Friday. They lie between the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District. We left the Lakes in fog and it wasn’t till we left Cumbria that it started to lift.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA      The M6 motorway is in the foreground…………I took some without it but the light was not as good.

Tomorrow it’s dog clipping day and the truck needs an exhaust, the latter may have to wait till Tuesday but the weather is not looking good so there is no rush.

I hope the sun shines where you are.

8 comments:

  1. Your bird ID's are correct Adrian :)

    That last shot is a cracker. Very atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on the birds IDs,and the last photo is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hills ID is correct !!! I must explore these forgotten beasts sometime. When I think of anything towards the east of the M6, the Yorkshire three peaks country come to mind first. Nice moody picture, the road helps !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I also like the last photograph. The glimpses of gold and copper on the hills is lovely ..... there's even purple there too, to the centre of the photo. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. I, too, think the last photo gives me a real feeling of being there (as I have been on so so many occasions!).

    Thanks for your hopes in the last sentence. We have just reached 60 hours of solid rain here in Hawkes Bay. Almost unheard of. And it was 36℃ and full sun only a day or so before the rain started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that last landscape--the kind of shot you only get in dynamic weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keith, thanks, I'm not sure i really did Howgill fell justice it looked almost on fire. Should have whacked the colour temperature up.

    Bob, thanks, I can spend ages watching Lapwings flying. It was impressive seeing the mist frost and sun on the fell.

    Jay, I did walk across that way many years ago. It did look wonderful.

    Lesley, it was a privilege to be there. Should have stopped longer really.

    Graham, It is a great bit of motorway, similar to the stretch of the M74 round Leadhills. Glad your rain has stopped.

    Jolynne, it was a horrible drive but that view made it well worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That last picture has a dramatic atmosphere to it!
    Adrian, I'm not sure how you feel about blog awards, but I've just given you one. I've already bent the rules for it, so feel free to do as you want about that :) You will find it here

    ReplyDelete