ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Saturday 26 September 2020

A LUCKY ROBIN.

 It was blasted cool first thing, not quite a frost but as near as damn it is to swearing to one. I had a pleasant wander and luckily for a Robin came back via the combine. It needs a new bearing in the grain elevator, an oil change and the diesel topping off before it's put away but the bearing hasn't arrived so those are jobs that can wait; my sort of tasks.

It's parked on the tilt so that we could get underneath to blow it off after the harvest. I looked up and saw a Robin flitting about the cab. Some dozy blighter must have shut it in, good job I spotted it as it had been there for a couple of days. Everybody else was away at Robins fart muck shifting Bridge of Earn way but the boss must have heard the cab door slam and came out to check it wasn't gypos. I told her it was only a Robin and she asked if I'd let it go. Told I'd only opened the door to chuck rocks at it. A pound to a penny she'll have to go to make sure it's gone.

I suspect these are the last of the flowers for this year.
I'll take a guess and say Ox-eye Daisies but please don't take my word for it. 

I'm about 20% of the way through the Comoran Strike book that I downloaded at vast expense. It's okay, a bit of the Chick Lit about it but I consider it no bad thing to admit to having a feminine side. If I start hankering after ladies clothes and makeup I'll bin the book before it does permanent damage. One has to be careful these days.

I see the students are more than a little peeved to have been conned into paying for courses and accommodation only to be locked in. That should mean years of Marxist indoctrination negated. Good, happen knock some sense into them.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend.



8 comments:

  1. Must have been the robin;s lucky day! I love watching swallows but they are driving me nuts at the moment nest building in places that do not meet my approval. I often think of a photo of yours years ago, of a swallow tilting on it's side as it entered a grate at full speed. Such clever birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline it was as I nearly headed straight back, I had gone out without a jacket or hat and was freezing. I remember taking those swallow pictures. I wonder what happened to them? I rarely keep stuff or rarely keep stuff where I have any chance of finding it.

      Delete
  2. That dramatic sky with the combine harvester makes a very good photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, it's cheating. The technique is called HDR (High Dynamic Range). The proper way to do it is to mount a camera on a tripod then take three shots 2 stops under exposed, normal and 2 stops over then merge them using software. This was done with one shot in RAW and then you can adjust the exposures. Sometimes you need more than three shots if there is massive contrast in the image. I'll do a proper one tomorrow if I remember.

      Delete
    2. Oh, well it fooled me. I'm disappointed now.

      Delete
    3. I see the Peeper has been experimenting with the technique. His lad looked proper poorly the other day.

      Delete
  3. I think that your daisies may be a chamomile - a species of Mayweed. But I wouldn't place a bet on it.

    Lucky robin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, you are a genius it is. I'll have to make some tea with it.

      Delete