ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Tuesday 9 March 2010

WET FEET (05/03/10)

There is slightly more cloud about today so decided to walk up Grisedale Beck and have a shot at the waterfall. None of today's images, with the exception of the moss, are straight from the camera the Beck images are all HDR and the woodland scenes are given a bit of blur.

P3052979_8_7_6_5_tonemapped_edited-1

P3053004_3_2_1_0_tonemapped_edited-1

P3052989_8_7_6_5_tonemapped_edited-1

It seems ages since it rained, these could do with a bit more water. Never mind. the fine weather is better than a dramatic waterfall. I still managed to get my feet soaked.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA       A corner of Waterfall Wood.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         And another.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         There was no sign of the Deer, yet again, but there were two or three Woodpeckers tapping away. Elusive wee blighters, I know they are close but can I spot them! Decided for want of something better to do to put on the macro lens and have a look at some mosses. This is, I hope, Polytrichum Commune and here it is close up………..

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Unusual stuff when I take the trouble to look closely. Should take the trouble more often, a macro lens weighs nothing. Neither does a reflector but I have to draw a line somewhere. Either that or buy a Mule and a medium format camera, hire staff to feed the Mule, purchase a trailer to tow it…….Only joking….I hope!

 

3 comments:

  1. The top two waterfall photos are spectacular Adrian! I really love the colours you captured in the foreground water... HDR is so fun! I can't wait to get out where there will be more than just flat lighting, where HDR really works well. Snow, snow and more snow aren't really HDR material I don't think.

    I also really like the shot of the two trees, the one that is blurred. Fun stuff! I'm glad you got such great weather finally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cracking pictures mate. Third one down would grace a wall for sure. Like that one a lot.

    The fifth one has a magical feel to it. Fairies and Unicorns in the woods somewhere.
    (Or maybe the side effects of my tablets are stronger than I thought lol) Lovely treatment of the picture though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista. HDR is great for building interiors also, but go easy, Photomatix Pro 3 is the software. The blurred is PSE. Will do a how to for you.

    Keith, thank you, I enjoy playing with images. That's what it is as I can't replicate the effect every time. Michael Orton used to do this with two colour transparencies sandwiched together.

    ReplyDelete