ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Saturday 27 June 2009

BRIDGES

Today is a big day in Tideswell's calendar, the culmination of Wakes week. The roads will be shut and a carnival procession will take the place of the lorries laden with stone that usually trundle through our High Street. Hopefully it will remain dry but the forecast is not promising. I'm glad at times like this I'm fortunate enough to use Olympus, at least all I have to worry about are rain spots on the lens and noise.

P6254969_8_7_edited-2

TIDESWELL

The pictures today depict a selection of local bridges and a Dam wall or two, hope one or maybe two appeal.

P5123616_17_18_19_20_21_edited-1

FOOT BRIDGE AND WEIR (WATER-CUM-JOLLY)

362_edited-2

DROVERS BRIDGE (BURBAGE BROOK)

inversion derwent dam

DERWENT DAM

P6104265_4_3_edited-3

MILLERS DALE VIADUCT

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

HOWDEN DAM

Will do my best to depict the carnival procession for you tomorrow, I'll apologise in advance should images be posted upside down, or show pavement details. Life has a habit of getting a little out of hand at this time of the year!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Really hard to choose a favorite out of this bunch. I love the colors is all of them and the second shot is absolutely stunning-- but then the falls over the dam is wonderful too-- as is the one of the viaduct. The first one though has some special something I can't quite put my finger on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding work! I am so impressed with these shots. The last one is my favorite and almost took my breath away. Amazing photography. I'm hooked.. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Faye, just off to enjoy your blog and then see what, if anything, yesterdays procession produced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful area of the country beautifully captured. I really must make the effort to visit again. Most previous visits have been with 30+ 11yr olds in tow so my attention was divided between the scenery and the little darlings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liked the top one of the village but I especially liked the Dam. I'll be back to explore more another day. The appetite is whetted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks GB, look forward to seeing you.

    ReplyDelete