ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 15 June 2009

LATE START

No painting with light yesterday, will probably potter out in a while, I was actually awake at two but whilst deciding who I was, fell asleep again. Eventually woke at five by which time it was daylight and promising another really hot day.Checked e-mail put the coffee machine on, placed porridge in the microwave and retreated back to the computer, half way down the hall I fell over the cat, some seconds elapsed before I realized I had something of a dilemma........we don't have a cat! Having located it cowering under the kitchen table and having apologised profusely I recognised it as next doors, must have come in with the dog, a relief that was.

So as not to waste a promising morning, Molly and I set off for a gentle stroll, never seen the high ground of Derbyshire looking so lush and verdant. Took the baby Olympus and pointed it willy nilly as I wandered along

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

LONICERA AMERICANA

Never seen this look so impressive, even if it does sound as though it should be a battle in Italy or may be a coffee nobody in their right mind would either order or drink.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

DEW POND

Once a common feature of the limestone uplands, and built to provide drinking water for livestock, they are fast disappearing. Limestone being permeable doesn't retain surface water, so they were a necessity prior to piped water and drinking troughs. This one is a beauty and a haven for plants, newts and frogs.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

MILLERS DALE QUARRIES

This panorama is taken from the Limestone Way and looks over Monks Dale in the foreground and on to the quarries and an old lime kiln just under the horizon. Don't know how big it will open in it's own window. Sometimes they do sometimes they don't, I'm new to this blogging.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

TINY WATERFALL

Really small, about a meter in height, this spring is on the side of the road on the way to Litton Mill.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

ISLAND IN THE STREAM

That's it, I'm away out painting with light, may post again today if things turn out well. May post anyway if I'm feeling magnanimous, give you all a laugh.

While I'm on how do you veterans of blogging know when you have comments? I have to look at the bottom of the post, which is a bit hit and miss.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice shots. Thanks for letting us have a peek at your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete