ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Saturday 13 June 2009

TIDESWELL AT NIGHT

Got back a couple of hours or so ago, and downloaded my first ever low light exposures. I must admit I'm inordinately proud of the results, very little post processing was required and the images really reflect the atmosphere of my home town at night.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

TIDESWELL AT NIGHT (would have been nice to have a moon)

Totally overwhelming I think you'll agree! Anyway here's a few more.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

LORRY PASSING THROUGH

Light trail in this one, just like what the pros do.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

NO LORRY PASSING THROUGH

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

CATHEDRAL OF THE PEAK

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

NEARLY DAWN

There are problems with this night photography, probably obvious to everyone else but wasn't to me. You can't blessed well see what is in the frame and secondly if you run the exposure too long it's not night anymore.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

SEE!!

I suspect that a few more street lights would help, be blowed to global warming, give a tyro a break. Must have a word with the Parish Council. Next time I'm awake and in the mood to go out at night I'll try painting with light. Now that should really be fun. I'll also take a torch, never mentioned that bit in the book.

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the night photography. Not tried any for many years. It gives a whole new atmosphere to a place. I agree - framing is a real problem at night as I found when trying to photograph Hedgehogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to the light painting. Haven't done any for years but posted some old ones fairly recently. I called them lighflights.

    ReplyDelete