ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 15 June 2009

NOT PAINTING WITH LIGHT

Went down to the bridges again, a pretty desolate place, ideal I thought. Nothing to fall over and a white limestone path to guide me. I also prefered a remote location as I didn't want to get arrested for flashing. I must be mad as a box of frogs. Before I display the results of my labour and you burst into tears of sympathy or more likely wet yourselves laughing. I have learnt something or somethings.

1...Don't believe everything these shysters write in books.

2...Don't attempt this job unless there is some ambient light, it was black as a witches cat down there tonight. Took me ages to find where I'd left the camera never mind what it was pointed at.

3... Don't get in the frame. Easier said than done when you can't see the camera.

4...Don't go when it's raining, I exaggerate spotting tonight. Still didn't inspire me to hang about.

5...Have a go with a sparkler or torch first, like everyone else.

BRACE YOURSELVES HERE THEY COME

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Well back to the drawing board, I'll have another go and take a big torch, see how that doesn't work.

2 comments:

  1. You're underselling yourself - the second one is really effective. And I like the first as well. The third one - mmm, well, not so sure. What I like is the element of surprise when one experiments like this. Often one can get a really great effect that one hadn't anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being kind. I do these things for fun and also if one doesn't try it one can't appreciate the skill and artistry when you see it done well. Suspect that many of these sorts of images are shot in quite high ambient light with filters. Nothing wrong with that, it's the picture that counts.

    ReplyDelete