ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 22 March 2010

A DAY AT THE LAKESIDE (21/03/10)

Today we surfaced and I poked my head out to be greeted by thick mist however the forecast was for sunshine to bless us with it’s presence later. We had breakfast and went for a wander to see the deer, waste of time that was. The latter not the former. Things were definitely brightening so we set of for the Blackpool of the Lakes, Bowness. It fully fulfilled all my expectations.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAA bit on the busy side for me, I decided on a stroll the other way.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA       Not as busy but little more to appeal.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA      The boats look good I thought a row up the lake might get us away from things.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOn second thoughts perhaps not, it’s still a little early in the year for a swim.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA             A pity, the view up Windemere looks very tempting. In the end we located a bench, sat down and watched the birds for an hour. A very pleasant hour it was.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA             Not too cool for the Jackdaws they were having a grand time.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA              A Cygnet oblivious to the hordes around it.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA            Whilst a sibling has a quick preen.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          As does dad…………So that’s why they have such long necks!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          Here he is sparkling bright and also a lot better tempered than his cousin down the lake.

Tomorrow we are off to Patterdale, we need provisions and to upload these posts both hopefully can be achieved en route.

  

9 comments:

  1. Oh the boats, the boats and the view along Windermere!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boats made me laugh. That reminds me of the time my brother took me out on a lake on a "boat" - it was an old pallet that someone had left on the shore of the lake.

    (I was about 6-7 years old. Bro was babysitting me. Clearly he didn't *want* to take care of me any more.)

    We got out to the middle of the lake and the pallet started to sink. So what did my brother do to remedy this? He PUSHED ME OFF. Thanks bro. Love you too. xoxoxo ;o)

    This bird looks so much kinder. No flesh hanging from his beak at least. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics Adrian. The swans were quiet, and are the boats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely view of Windermere. I wondered what had become of you and are pleased to know you are over the worst. Send some of that fantastic mist you get up there down my way as I am really short of material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to be back home and visiting my favourite blogs again. Sorry to hear you've been poorly. But great to see you are back in fine form! Love your long necked friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty - I'm surprised how busy it is for a March day - the weather though does not look too bad ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the group of Jackdaws bathing. Plenty round here but I have never seen them near water.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That does look a busy place; not for me either mate. I'd have done the same, and spent the time in the company of the Jackdaws.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucy, thank you, they do look good.

    Krista, what brothers are for I fear.

    Bob, thanks, the swans are practically tame here.

    Trevor, thanks you are welcome to it or most of it anyway.

    Pauline, glad to have you back. Lucky they let you back in!

    Petrus, yes I wasn't expecting it to be that crowded. It will get worse.

    John, I've never seen them or any crows in water now you mention it.

    Keith, I must be turning into a grumpy old man.

    ReplyDelete