ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 19 April 2010

GLAD I’M MALE? (19/04/10)

We are still in Northumberland about fifteen miles south of the Kielder forest and approximately a mile outside the town of Bellingham, pronounced around here Bellingjam. There’s a hundred foot waterfall a few miles away so that will have to be looked at. This afternoon having sorted the van and connected to the internet we had a wander into town. Our route takes us past the show ground.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThe road to town, the threatening rain never materialised, daffodils are now in full bloom everywhere.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA This is the grandstand, not Grand Prix or Football standard but looks as if it would do the job none the less.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  When I first clapped eyes on this I was glad of the extra chromosome, as I couldn’t find the equivalent facility for men I now have my doubts. Anything is better than nothing.

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA   This is the bridge over the North Tyne River the cottage is an old toll house.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA   The North Tyne………..I’m glad they built the bridge and even happier that the tolls have long gone.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA One of at least four pubs, you will get more but focus is shifting even on manual so I’ll get  pictures of this town as the next few days unfold.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA   The Gingall, a Chinese muzzle loader, I have not the faintest idea what it is doing here but will make enquiries.

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA    The plate affixed explains where it came from and who stole then presented it but not why.

Whilst checking my e-mails I came across this. I don’t usually use third party images and fully appreciate the seriousness and the consequences of sexual abuse. It is just too good or bad not to share.

nasty priest_edited-1 It must have seemed a good idea at the time or maybe the glazier was educated by the Christian Brothers and was conditioned to assume such behaviour normal.

We are off waterfalling tomorrow, I’ll need luck for that. All the best.

 

6 comments:

  1. Nice one Adrian. maybe the glass window is from of the parable suffer little children who come to me, make of that what thou will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Adrian. You do not paint a great picture of Northumberland and are obviously disappointed with the lack of birdlife.
    The birds have also disappeared down South so it must be something to do with looking for breeding sites and nesting. Still you managed some great shots and soon everything will be in full swing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it looks as though I had a rather more interesting weekend than you did! I got more material than I'll be able to use. I did say that when I last camped in the middle of noweher was in the Keilder. I meant it! Things have obviously not changed one jot or tittle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony, wish i had thought of that.

    Trevor, not Northumberland just the Kielder Forest. Pictures are a bit hit and miss with the camera in it's present state.

    GB, not my favourite place, It is an industry so I can't see any great changes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keith, it shouldn't but it makes me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete