ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Wednesday 18 August 2010

SHADES OF GREY (18/08/10)

Having arranged an early lunch with a friend. I decided to set off in plenty of time and take some pictures of a small chapel on our way. It was locked so that was only half successful. Here is the outside………………..

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERALittle Longstone Congregational Chapel a field and a half away.

P8185979_8_7_6_5_tonemapped_edited-1 There is something that keeps drawing me back here, I have several pictures taken over a five year period.

P8185974_3_2_1_0_tonemapped_edited-1 I do have a liking for simple chapels and this meets most of the criteria for me.

Now I did leave a comment on a blog the other day saying, “That just because you can doesn't;t mean one should.” This next image is a case in point. My excuse………….it is raining.

P8185984_3_2_1_0_tonemapped_edited-1

The next few photographs feature another building which has had it’s influences over the years…..rarely good ones!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA The Packhorse Inn in Little Longstone.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA The chapel being shut meant that we arrived early and so was the pub. Destined to be one of those days.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA      It was soon noon and in we went…………………

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Worth the wait, even the dogs thought so, there is little more enjoyable for a dog than hoovering up in a bar. Slim pickings today the cleaner had been just a little too conciencous.

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA So even though they are more than welcome, a bit of steak lurking in a corner would have pleased them more.

I’m here tomorrow and will see what the weather has in store for us before deciding on an expedition.

 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Black and white is classic, elegant,... I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The five bar gate, can't stop thinking about it, it must have been in my childhood? Lovely Chapel and finally the deer olde pub, it is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia, thank you, I like high contrast black and white. Must do more of it.

    Bob The pub is one of the best, So is the chapel but I just wish it were open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The old chapel building lends itself to b/w. Not too sure whether you tinkered with the last one or whether you were getting a heavenly welcome.

    I wonder how many hostelries are named The Packhorse.

    My local used to welcome dogs but I gave up going when they barred them from the lounge. That is probably how I afforded my camera gear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last one had an omni light filter applied. Over the top Here but useful for lifting faces or anything in deep shadow.
    A pub that accepts children and bans dogs deserves to go bankrupt.

    ReplyDelete