ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Tuesday 15 October 2013

TEES COTTAGE PART III. (15/10/13)

This is the final part of from Saturdays visit to Tees Cottage. _V0G7833

_V0G7760  A miniature steam roller.

_V0G7827  Rides for the children of all ages.

_V0G7754

_V0G7752  A Foden steam lorry.

_V0G7751  A miniature Traction Engine.

_V0G7756

_V0G7826

_V0G7771

_V0G7822

_V0G7821 This beautifully restored Traction Engine is full size.

That’s all from this outing. I’ve got a busy week but on Monday I'm going to Castle Howard for a few days. There will be a post or two before then and with a bit of luck one with some unusual views.

20 comments:

  1. I really like the traction enignes, I love the smell as they drive past, the "little" attention to details too. We have an annual Steam Rally at Hollowell and they're always driving along the country lanes to the event and if you happen to be walking down the same lane it's a unique moment, though rather noisy :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, I haven't been to a big steam event this year. I'll have to try and get to the National Ploughing Championships next year.
      They are very awe inspiring.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos!!!
    Greetings, RW & SK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful engines to see Adrian.. there was a steam rally a couple of miles from me at the weekend and I only became aware of it as a Traction Engine drove passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, it's a pity you couldn't get to see them.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful show, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I Bob. They are a breath of smelly air.

      Delete
  5. Just terrific, Adrian! All of it is great looking. I would love to take my grand babies and myself for a ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, It's a long way to come for a ride on a tiny train.

      Delete
  6. What a fantastic old Steam Engine type tractor. The paint job is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horst, yes it is a superb job. No effort or expense spared.

      Delete
  7. It's interesting that you poke around the display of different steam engines and you have a detailed understanding of how they work. I would just roam around and find it interesting and not know the principle behind them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, I've always had an interest in them. I wish I had time to learn more or even the ability to recall what I once knew.

      Delete
  8. Some very interesting exhibits here. Must check this place out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay it is open several times a year but not always with the beam engine under steam.

      Delete
  9. They are beautiful; no wonder so many toys were modelled after them.

    ReplyDelete